bathing whilst pregnant

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemmons

should i bathe her while she's pregnant? i've not given her many baths, mainly because she doen't seem to like it much. she has had one after laying both clutches of eggs, where she sat in it for a bit and let me wash her (she was quite the sight - covered in soil) then she stuck her head in the water and drank a bit then that was it she wanted out! and i tried to give her one a few days after but she wasn't having any of it. is this because i dindt get her started early enough? i don't want to stress her, should i persist? or wait till she's done laying clutches?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi, it's important that they keep well hydrated. Are you putting a washcloth down in the bottom of the sink or container to help her feel more secure? Do you add enough warm water to cover her front legs? Those 2 things make a big difference on how they feel about baths.

citrusdragon

Sub-Adult Member
We bath right after laying and everyday for the next 3 days to make sure the female is well hydrated.
They look ragged and exhausted after laying but it only take a few days of feeding and bathing to get them back to normal.

Jeff

lemmons

Original Poster
thanks. i've been using a plastic tank thing to bathe them in - its got clear sides might that be bothering her? no i haven't been putting anything in the bottom - i'll try that! she seems pretty much back to normal the day after laying so i was trying not to stress her out too much. i put enough water in to be about halfway up her front legs. do you use anything to wash them with like a toothbrush or anything? she sort of sits there and almost freezes and then goes mad and wants out! she did drink though when i bathed her after she laid both times. they always have quite a large dish of water in the tank that gets changed daily. one of the other threads said something about drying them after? i just put her on her basking site, should i dry her with a towel or something? won't she just get fluff caught in her scales?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom