Bathing and fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Hi! Wasn't sure where this topic should be posted but I feel like keeping multiple questions to one post sort of keeps the clutter down.

Batman! will be 5 weeks Thursday and I've pretty much got his bathing down. Using a large Tupperware bowl with a face cloth on the bottom (thanks to your suggestions). Should the water level be just enough to reach his shoulders? I just fear he will put his head too far down. Does his back have to be submerged? He definitely drinks in his bath :)

At what age is he offered fruit? Which fruit is best to start when the time comes?

Advice and suggestions greatly appreciated ;-)

Mommy to Batman!

Keep the water at his shoulders, you can pour water on his back with a dixie cup or something. He'll keep his head up no problem but if you're worried you can put something small in the bath to prop him up on.

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the advice. Did that today! I fear that he is dehydrated. He's looking pretty dark and hasn't eaten a single cricket today. He's not a huge eater but averages about 17-20 a day along with fresh veggies which are always available to him.

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Than you! I appreciate the help. That is the guide I've been going by but the black foods say occasionally, so I'm not always sure. He seemed to have a rough day today. He was dark all over and wouldn't eat anything at all. We soaked him for about ten minutes and he perked up a bit even eating 2 small crickets. After basking for a while his color lightened up quite a bit. My husband was able to get him to eat the baby chicken food and baby squash off of his finger.

He has been shedding for a week and I had assumed he was done but now he keeps rubbing his head and mouth all over his log. It's just stressful because he's so young and we're first time owners trying to do all the "right" things for him.

Fizzylady

Hatchling Member
KristineM":3a9z1dfk said:
Than you! I appreciate the help. That is the guide I've been going by but the black foods say occasionally, so I'm not always sure. He seemed to have a rough day today. He was dark all over and wouldn't eat anything at all. We soaked him for about ten minutes and he perked up a bit even eating 2 small crickets. After basking for a while his color lightened up quite a bit. My husband was able to get him to eat the baby chicken food and baby squash off of his finger.

He has been shedding for a week and I had assumed he was done but now he keeps rubbing his head and mouth all over his log. It's just stressful because he's so young and we're first time owners trying to do all the "right" things for him.

I'm in the same boat! Isn't it amazing how quickly they squirm their way into your heart? My poor family is being neglected because I'm spending all of my free time taking care of our Trogdor :lol:

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I never imagined falling in love with this little guy but it happened so fast! It's just incredible to see their personalities :) They just amaze me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom