Bath time

mochi&ash<33

Beardie name(s)
Ash
when I give my beardie a bath he will like try to run up the walls and his beard will get black and he gets really stressed, he’s 5 months and I bathe him in the tub I use (but I clean it out with water and wipe it down with a towel) and I will put my hand out but he will just try to run up my arm to get out. What should I do? I don’t want to stop bathing him but I also don’t know what to do or if he will just get used to it. The water is up to his knees but just a tad bit above. I do keep a water bowl in his cage and it’s pretty big but he never drinks or goes in it. Please help ;-;

Attachments

• 7A0EEF05-5B31-4B45-B6F4-8B404C878545.jpeg
    7A0EEF05-5B31-4B45-B6F4-8B404C878545.jpeg
    275.5 KB · Views: 123

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Many dragon's don't like full on baths.

What is your reasoning for bathing him? It's not a requirement. If your dragon doesn't like baths, no point in really doing it unless its just occasionally to get stuck food off or something similar.

-Brandon

mochi&ash<33

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ash
Many dragon's don't like full on baths.

What is your reasoning for bathing him? It's not a requirement. If your dragon doesn't like baths, no point in really doing it unless its just occasionally to get stuck food off or something similar.

-Brandon
I bathe him because he doesn’t drink his water in his cage so I do that so he can drink some water (other than in his food) but other than that I only put him in for shedding

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Well, does he drink while he is in the bath at all?

You can try dripping water on his lips or use a small squirt bottle to lightly drizzle water onto his lips so he can drink. If bathes stress him out, I'd stop with them.

-Brandon

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom