Bath time success!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
Bane hates baths. He never grew to tolerate them. He's always spends the entire time trying to escape and making a huge mess. I've tried various methods to get him to like it, but nothing worked until today. I managed to trick him into taking a bath!

I put a pan of water right in his favorite basking spot. He ALWAYS basks in that position, so I took advantage of it.
IMG_0049.jpg

He sat in it for a good 30 minutes. He even laid down in it and swam for the last few minutes. He did make a bit of a mess doing that, but oh well, it's just water. he was due for a new newspaper anyways.

I thought I should share for those who also have bathing woes.

SnapNYC

one issue could have been the temperature of the water. i always keep the water in between warm and hot. just hot enough so i could tolerate it. also when in the sink or bathtub try filllin up the water reall slowly. even bring them like a worm or something to swim around the water with it. thats a good way to make them drink as well. put a leaf of some greens to float around in the water or a worm.

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Oh I tried everything. I've had him since march and he's gotten baths 2x a week since then. this is the first thing that worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom