Bath Time Q's

Status
Not open for further replies.

mylo

Hello!!
My beardie is about 11 months old now. When it comes to bath time, unless he is shedding, he hates it. How can I get him to relax in the bath and ultimately get him to go to the bathroom there? I always make sure the water is a proper temp, and place a rock or two in the tub as well as a towel for gripping. Thanks!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
If he hates baths , then IMO they are not worth the stress to him and hassle of forcing them on him.
They are NOT necessary for bearded dragons who have evolved for live in very drought prone areas.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree. Some dragons like baths and that's fine but if they are stressful then they aren't worth it and are best saved for when they get soiled and need to be cleaned up. They will get most of their hydration from well hydrated bugs and fresh veges but if you wish to offer extra hydration then you can offer water by dripping it on their nose to lick up.

If your goal is bathroom training (this can be difficult before they are adults) then you may want to try using routine which they respond to pretty well. Establish a routine that works for you but for example you could provide time in a room that has an easy to clean floor in the mornings. Offer a breakfast salad or some bugs and provide a basking light using a clamp lamp or similar. Keep them in the room until they go (within reason). Once they get used to this routine it will be easier. For the most part they don't like to poop in their enclosures if they have an option.

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
the way i got my beardie to have fun in bath time is let her choose to have it. i started out with her sitting on the bathroom counter and i would leave the water running in the sink with a towel draped into the sink. she would walk over and slide down into the water, she could climb out when ever she wanted and eventually started to paddle around under the water. same goes for the bath tub, leave a little water in it with a towel draped over so he can climb out when ever he wants and preferably let him climb down into the water as well.

my beardie loves diving into the water now and during her morning baths is when she defecates as well, she has gotten into a good routine there.

DMF

I hate when I am holding a warm rough beardie then I feel something cold and wet in my hands :puke: .

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
never had that happen, my sindragosa sits in the bath with the shower running and it just washes down the drain, she prefers to have flowing water

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom