basking spot question

Status
Not open for further replies.

diggerdrake

Juvie Member
OK so most are concerned with their dragon getting too close to the mvb's and basking bulbs. Typical 4X2x2 enclosure with a mvb leaves only 6" or so difference to play with for the basking spot. But here is the question.... a basking spot does not necessarily have to be a raised spot in the viv does it? Thinking that if you provide plenty of other spots for climbing that the basking area could be ground level or just a few inches up from there. Remember that beardies are not typically aboreal and only climb to get the full effect of their basking and uvb lighting. They seek the warmer areas for digesting and basking but it is not necessary to have it the highest point in the viv correct?

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
You are correct...the basking spot can be ground level and does not have to be the highest point in the viv. In fact, in my enclosure the basking spot is about 4" high and I have a large piece of driftwood at the cool end that is about 10-12" high.

Dawn :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom