Basil's official photo thread. R.I.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
MelissaC":rrttmehj said:
You notice how he has lines on it's underside, does that mean anything? Mine does that on and off too, and i'm just curious. Great photos by the way! I love watching the progression of his life! I'm so nervous that mines not going to grow up, but I have to remember it's inevitable! ;)

Well those are called stress marks and Basil had them after being taken away from his old tank (and his siblings) in the pet shop to a compleatly differnt tank in my house where he was all alone. Also young dragons tend to have stress marks a lot, as Basil got older he had them less and less.
I just remembered that when he was a baby his little stress marks would disappear when I held him :D

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
It's time for new photos of Basil :D
Are you tired Basil :?:
P7140046.jpg

Will you come out :?:
P7140051.jpg

P7140049.jpg

Awww my little budy :D
P7140045.jpg

P7140044.jpg

You look like a dinosaur :eek:
P7140043.jpg

It's so cute :!:
P7150053.jpg

Im up here.
P7150054.jpg

It's time for your close up :)
P7150052.jpg

Well thats all for now.

Hi! Thought I would come check out Basil's pics since you took the time to check out Rex the other day (btw...I posted two more pics). I see Basil was a wee squirt back in October much like Rex was (we got him in November), but I think we got the "runt" of the litter. Rex seems to be a skinny-minnie next to the pics I see of Basil :D I hope this is normal. It may be that they are a bit more apart in age than I think. Or maybe Rex is not eating enough? He gets crickets/worms 2x day and has fresh veggies available all day long..that's about as much as he'll eat...then he just turns and walks away! His poos are normal, too!

I love to see pics of other dragons. I may be a bit weird, but I do love me my Rex!!

Thanks for sharing YOUR pics.

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Rexaroobear":jvr5n7ww said:
Hi! Thought I would come check out Basil's pics since you took the time to check out Rex the other day (btw...I posted two more pics). I see Basil was a wee squirt back in October much like Rex was (we got him in November), but I think we got the "runt" of the litter. Rex seems to be a skinny-minnie next to the pics I see of Basil :D I hope this is normal. It may be that they are a bit more apart in age than I think. Or maybe Rex is not eating enough? He gets crickets/worms 2x day and has fresh veggies available all day long..that's about as much as he'll eat...then he just turns and walks away! His poos are normal, too!

I love to see pics of other dragons. I may be a bit weird, but I do love me my Rex!!

Thanks for sharing YOUR pics.

Well bearded dragons will grow at diferent rates and some will be bigger or smaller. Basil is a little bit on the big side, but I think thats because of all the love
he gets :D

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Basil is so cute!

I hope you will be able to post more pictures soon.

How is basil doing?

-Brandon

suzjohnson

Sub-Adult Member
Every night I go through an entire photo thread and tonight I had the pleasure of watching Basil go from a tiny little thing to a truly magnificent adult. He is gorgeous and it's obvious how much you love and care for him. Looking forward to future posts!

Suzanne

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
Hi there,
I just did the same thing. I went through Basil's pictures from start to finish and it was fun watching him grow up. Thanks for taking all those photos. I liked your captions, too!
Nice work with him!
-mirthy

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks everyone :D Basil is just fine. I'm going on a little trip today to the dunes national park here in Indiana :D

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I'm back from my trip, it was fun :D

GlueStick":xwufuaip said:
I just noticed this thread. His face is adorable! He has a very peculiar face, very unique =)

Really :?: whats so diferint about him :?:

GlueStick

Sub-Adult Member
reptilemaster":1hnbnpjm said:
I'm back from my trip, it was fun :D

GlueStick":1hnbnpjm said:
I just noticed this thread. His face is adorable! He has a very peculiar face, very unique =)

Really :?: whats so diferint about him :?:

His face is just more pointed and his head more boxey, which is cute. My males' head is so blunt and rounded compared to Basil here! Just goes to show that not every beardy looks or acts the same =)

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
It's about time for new pictures of Basil :D
My puffy little guy :eek:
P8130014.jpg

Pritty face :)
P8130015.jpg

Close up time.
P8160152.jpg

Are you sleepy, Basil :?:
P8190169.jpg

Your all cureld up :!:
P8190170.jpg

Hi Basil.
P8240171.jpg

Do you see somthing :?:
P9040204.jpg

What are you doing :?:
P9040206.jpg

Thats all the new pitures of Basil but...

P8130026.jpg

It's Basil's cousin Rex :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom