Basil Eating Update!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleJ

Juvie Member
Woohoo!!! He had a lil poop (a bit loose but better than nothing) and just now he ate 4 waxworms! I know they are just for treats and I wont give him anymore today, but he turned his nose up at the locust. So 4 waxworms and a tiny amount of babyfood today - result!!! *insert humongous grin here*. Oh and he was scratching his beard on his rock and his tail is starting to look a light grey so maybe he is starting to shed?

Thanks for everyones advice and support :mrgreen:

definitions

Juvie Member
well my dragon gets the same stress marks and a little puffy black beard when he gets ready to shed. Just imagine you growing out of your skin it's not th emost exciting thing to do. When they shed they decrease in appetite and I'm sure he is getting a little stressed out from the whole ordeal. Give him about a 15 min soak if possible in tepid water. The temp of the water should be about the temperature you would give a baby (Human) a bath in.The water and the humidity will help loosen the skin. You could also take him out o fhis viv and mist him with water. Make sure the water you are using is non chlorinated. Repti-safe is a good water conditioner to use.You can also use distilled water to soak him in just put it in a microwave for a couple seconds to get it warm.

definitions

Juvie Member
well my dragon gets the same stress marks and a little puffy black beard when he gets ready to shed. Just imagine you growing out of your skin it's not th emost exciting thing to do. When they shed they decrease in appetite and I'm sure he is getting a little stressed out from the whole ordeal. Give him about a 15 min soak if possible in tepid water. The temp of the water should be about the temperature you would give a baby (Human) a bath in.The water and the humidity will help loosen the skin. You could also take him out o fhis viv and mist him with water. Make sure the water you are using is non chlorinated. Repti-safe is a good water conditioner to use.You can also use distilled water to soak him in just put it in a microwave for a couple seconds to get it warm.

DoubleJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the suggestions :) he does like his baths so it shouldnt be too much of a problem getting him to soak. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom