Baking Rocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleJ

Juvie Member
Ok having been a wee bit thick these past few hours I have changed tack. I have been trying to get Basil's basking spot temps up with no luck until i realised that it wasnt a case of adding a string of bulbs, but of raising his basking spot! Ok Ok I know it isn't rocket science, but I got a bit tunnel visioned for a while. So the question I ask is.... Can I use breeze blocks to raise the height (i have loads) if I bake them. And what temps and for how long would I have to bake them. They are soaking wet at the moment as it is raining rather heavily over here. Would it be better to go buy a different type of brick/rock? Thanks once again for any help :)

fez09

Extreme Poster
I'm not sure what a breeze block is but I use thick flat concrete slabs that I got from Home Depot as basking rocks, just bake them off for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom