Bad diarrhea

QibliLover1

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Qibli
He has always been a stressed little man ever since a kid but my other beardie is completely fine and I do the exact same thing for the both of them I’m starting to think it’s just his personality but I read that it could be because his stress that he has bad smelling poops. It’s almost like his beard is always a grey color.
He’s active and alert and eats fine but he never really calms down and gets all bright unless he’s outta his cage but that’s only when I let him out to chase his roaches

QibliLover1

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Qibli
Possible parasites then --- please get a fecal 24 hr sample and take to your vet --- have them test it for parasites and go from there ---- if they require a visit in NO enemas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Under no circumstances NO enemas!!
What will they have me do if it’s parasites?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What will they have me do if it’s parasites?
They will prescribe meds for parasites --- panacur or albon or both depends on what the test shows - get the test results from the fecal and we can have Tracie the vet tech mod on here take a look

QibliLover1

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Qibli
They will prescribe meds for parasites --- panacur or albon or both depends on what the test shows - get the test results from the fecal and we can have Tracie the vet tech mod on here take a look
I’m not sure when I can get it done or when we will poop next but I might do it for both my lizards since I feed them with the same tongs since I only have one pair.

QibliLover1

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Qibli
Also also order more tongs somewhere so I won’t have to worry about parasites being transmitted if they both do end up having parasites

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You can start giving some parsley, cilantro, mint & oregano mixed up to help with possible parasites.
Did you order a fecal test online?
You can also give some probiotics also, to help settle the tummy too.
Be sure to keep him warm overnight, around 75-80F to boost his system while he isn't 100%.

Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom