Baby not eating!

Status
Not open for further replies.

idcouple

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
nope we bought her from a local pet store who had her in pretty bad condition. ours was 80 if that helps any lol

Oh OK yea I bought mine for 100 because of the morph but you can yet regular morphs for like 40$.and I'm getting another one from house of tropicals since they're down he street if you've ever heard of them.there the best place on most of the east coast :)

Toasty

idcouple":9jv519w7 said:
:) we are in Idaho :)

I have a lot of family in Idaho--I spent a couple of weeks there visiting most of them 2 summers ago and my parents just got back from a week-long vacation up there--they're all up near Blackfoot--so gorgeous there!

How is the baby doing tonight? When was the last time you offered crickets? I would definitely keep offering them several times a day. You could also put a few in a small smooth-sided dish, pull of the back legs (not the most fun thing, I know, but otherwise the will jump out of the dish), so that they are easily accesible and won't have to be chased around a viv which might just be too much for your baby right now.

If you are having even some success with the baby food on the nose then I would immediately switch from the squash formula to one containing a meat protein also, I'm pretty sure there is a chicken and squash flavor along with several others that are recommended.

idcouple

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
We have a little success now and again. Mostly she runs away or closes her eyes lol (aka why her nickname is "little stinker"). She doesn't seem to be venturing off too much ... mostly just sleeping, but I would sleep to if my stomach was empty and there was nothing else to do lol. oi.

idcouple

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
WOOT!! our beardie is starting to eat again.. still dosn't have the appetite it should but she is coming along now.. :) :blob8: oh and something wierd she won't eat the crickets unless i kill them first *shrug* is this bad? oh and she wont eat the wax worms anymore

idcouple

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
thanks :) we are happier now lol oh and btw we kept the uvb light off over the last three days and now she is eating going to take her in the sun this afternoon :)

Hercules

Hatchling Member
idcouple":3vzrpwwv said:
thanks :) we are happier now lol oh and btw we kept the uvb light off over the last three days and now she is eating going to take her in the sun this afternoon :)
That's weird that turning the UVB light off would increase her appetite, the uvb should increase her appetite. What kind of uvb bulb do you have and what are your day/night hours?

NwBrdOwnr

We have had our baby for about a week. He doesn't eat as much as I have seen they are supposed to eat but sticks to about 10 crickets a day 3 or 4 in a sitting. He will NOT touch his veggies, although we keep them fresh in his cage everyday. I'm so sorry you can't get yours to eat anything :cry: It is very discouraging. I hope he comes around soon and that mine begins to eat as much as he is supposed to be eating. Good luck to you

Toasty

idcouple":1ihuksxn said:

So glad to hear that she is starting to eat! The natural sunlight will be great for her. I try to take my baby out for at least a couple of hours every morning (in a secure enclosure of course) and he seems to just love basking in the sun.

Hercules":1ihuksxn said:
idcouple":1ihuksxn said:
That's weird that turning the UVB light off would increase her appetite, the uvb should increase her appetite. What kind of uvb bulb do you have and what are your day/night hours?

They did not have the correct type of UVB bulb, I believe it was a coil/compact one which are definitely not good for them.

idcouple

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Bonnie is doing well now thank you everyone for all your help.. it is sad that we now have more knowledge then our local vets lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom