baby not eating anything helppppp :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

zackbeardieowner

Hatchling Member
my baby beardie is about 3.5 months old and when i first got him he was eating 3 crics a day now he's eating 20 lately but yesterday he had a shed and today he didn't eat anything what do i do is this normal and why ???

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

If you could run over your tank set up with us, that would help out.
What type & brand of UVB are you using, a fluorescent tube bulb or a compact/coil light?
What are the temperatures in the tank?
Are you using a bright white basking light or a colored light.

He may be too warm or too cold, which could affect his appetite. Is he eating appropriately sized crickets?
Also, when they shed, many times they wont eat a whole lot as the shedding process can be quite stressful for them. You can try giving a bath to help with shedding.

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Are you using a temp gun or digital probe to measure the temperatures?
What sized tank is he in?
Try lowering the temperatures on the cooler end to a range of 78-82 but you can keep the basking temps in a range of 95-110.
Do you have pictures of your setup?
The Arcadia D3 12% tube bulb is just fine to use. Is it mounted along side of the basking spot? How far away is it from your dragon?

The shedding will cause a marked decrease in appetite sometimes, but the temperatures on the cool end may be too high also for him.

Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

zackbeardieowner

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
how can i make it more cool its a glass tank I'm using a temp gun and a probe one I'm using 6 uv but its about 11 cm away from him thats why he finished shedding tank is 80cm length 45cm wide and 46cm high

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,
Do you have a picture of your tank setup?
How is he doing today, any improvements?

Tracie

zackbeardieowner

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
managed to get pics working
b28e4711.jpg

Benkj14

Mine used to do this every now and than. lasted 3days at the most then back to normall again. Have you tried offering something different to eat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kpurlett
Top Bottom