Baby MBD

Status
Not open for further replies.

11ofclubs

Hello all. I was picking up mega worms at my local pet store (not a petco) and I went back to the reptile room and noticed that they had one small bearded dragon that did not sell because it was deformed. I took a closer look and it happened to have a severe case of mbd calcium deficiency. It is pretty much dead. I have a good relation ship with the pet store and they let me take it home and said that I can return it when it is in full health (knowing that it probably wont live). Its legs are severely deformed. We are syringe feeding it flukers repti+boost and carrot baby food. Its body is wavy and lumpy and it hops (not walks). He is still hanging in there and has some energy left it is a strong little guy. I hope it makes it. I will post pictures shortly and give updates. I don't know if there is something i should be doing that i am not? and I'm not sure if i should tape splint the legs when it starts to get better? any thing will help. The vet in the are is an hour away and really knows little about bearded dragons. I can give the vet a call but it will probably do nothing or he will tell me to euthanize it. I really appreciate the support I get on the forum. Thank you Elliot.

11ofclubs

Original Poster
He died about 12 minutes after I posted this. :( I hope he is in bearded dragon heaven now. Its for the better though. He was in pain, and we tried every thing we could. His mouth was deformed and he couldn't chew so I hope he is better off where he is now.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
I'm sorry to hear the little guy passed. :cry: Thank you for taking him home. At least he didn't die alone in the pet store.

dragonlover3

Sub-Adult Member
Hi.
You gave him the best care and love in his life and he didn't die alone in a pet shop! You are wonderful for caring about him and rescuing him from there.
I'm so sorry your little one passed.
Tears,
Amanda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
617781l
Top Bottom