Baby may be dehydrated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

INReptiles

Hatchling Member
So my baby dragon has recently stopped eating, hasn't eaten in the past 3 days on is own, I did force him to eat about 5 roaches a day still, but other than that, he will not eat. I also tried to feed him green grapes and he just licked at them to get the juice I'm guessing. I think that he may be dehydrated, but I don't know how, I give him bathes every day and I have started giving him water from the sink as well. I don't know about his poo because by the time I am home it is already dried from the heat because he always poops in the basking areas, so the urates are always dry and chalky from the heat.

I have correct husbandry, 3 different basking sites, ranging from 105-113, he usually goes to the one at 108, reptisun 10.0 24" tube, 35 gall aquarium, he is about 1-2 mo. old.

Any ideas on how to get him more hydrated?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If you are bathing every day, chances are he is hydrated.

Even when I had Naughtica on some pretty harsh meds known to severely dehydrate, once a day was enough to keep her hydrated. It would definitely be enough for a dragon not on any meds.

How long have you had the little guy?

-Brandon

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
If you have a 35 gallon, and 3 basking spots, he may actually be dehydrating too fast. That is a LOT of heat. Do you have three different bulbs? If it's separate bulbs, just dial it back to one basking spot at the temp he likes. You need the hot to cool side gradient.

INReptiles

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
No it is one bulb that shines on two rocks and a log, he never leaves the hot area though, he just moves out of direct heat but stays on the rock/log when he is warm enough.

jacody

Sub-Adult Member
have you tried a different mix of greens or a different live feeder?? If eating is an issue maybe offer something different in the way of food and see if that makes a difference w/ his/her appetite..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom