Baby fell off the bed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jverniero

So Hera was super hyper after dinner tonight and I wanted to give her a safe space to run and get some exercise, so I put her on my bed. She immediately ran directly off the side and fell to the floor. I grabbed her and she seems fine, all her limbs are functioning normally, but she fell asleep almost immediately and is now comfortably snoozing on my pillow.... should I be concerned that she lost her energy so quickly after the fall? Also is there any way to tell if she’s in pain? She doesn’t have stress marks at all and honestly seems pretty pleased with her naughty self, but I’m worried

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
I think she will be fine. Maybe got a little winded. If they are walking normally and aren't breathing hard she should be ok. I would keep an eye on her tomorrow.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
How far did she fall ?
Onto what kind of surface ? ie timber ? thin carpet ? thick carpet ?

If she's only a tiny hatchling she's probably OK , their bones are more "plastic" than an adult who might have broken something in a similar fall.
She likely got a fright when she unexpectedly reached the edge of the bed and hit the floor and was immediately scooped back up by a 5 headed monster (hand). I'd watch her , if she starts showing a constant blackbeard or favours an arm or leg, or appears not to be able to move like before I'd then consult a reptile vet.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How far of a fall was it off of the bed? Did he land on carpet?
The only thing you can do is watch for loss of appetite, lethargic behavior, darkening of the tail
tip not related to shedding, darkness of the beard, blood in the stool, favoring a particular leg,
etc. Chances are he will be fine & it's just coincidence he got sleepy after his fall.
Just keep an eye on him & if he exhibits any of those symptoms consider taking him in for an
x-ray or check up to be sure is broken.

Tracie

Jverniero

Original Poster
Thank you all so much for your insight! To answer your questions Hera is about 4 months old, and her fall was roughly 2.5 ft.
She’s totally fine today. Chased her crickets and displayed a very healthy appetite. She had all of her (HUGE) personality back, so I think she’ll be just fine.
I think the majority of why I was upset is that I’m always so vigilant with her, but she’s gotten so much bigger and faster in such a short time that she caught me off guard and I couldn’t protect her. I did notice that she was more careful today while exploring, so I guess she learned a lesson. Thanks again so much for all the advice, so glad to be part of such a great support system

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great news to hear she is exploring & active but maybe a little more apprehensive.
At least she chased her crickets without any problem today. Hera is a cute name, too! It
sounds like she will be just fine.
It is hard to keep track of them when they are so fast, but accidents do happen. Let us know
how she is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom