baby dragon doesnt like crickets...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hibana has been with me for alittle over 2 weeks now. She doesnt like crickets very much but loves her greens. I was wondering if it would be okay to blend up some crickets and put them on her greens? Sometimes she eats maybe 4 small crickets then wont eat them for a few days later. She is very small still and has only shedded in afew places, she is very active and has daily poops. All my temps and everything are right so I know thats not the problem. But would blending them be okay until she decides to eat them on her own?

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
How big is she? What size crickets are you feeding her? If she is too small for the crickets, she may not eat them. For really small beardies, pinhead crickets are the best, in my opinion.

amylee159

Gray-bearded Member
I dont balme her lol. You could do that to make sure she is getting the proper protein in her, or have you tried any other feeder?

iibrandyii

Original Poster
She is about 6 inches long and maybe an inch wide. Here's a link with a pic of her and Mushu viewtopic.php?f=44&t=91316
The crickets are small ones, no bigger than the space between her eyes. I have not tried an other feeder because there isnt any other types out here at the pet stores besides wax worms (too big for her and not healthy) and meal worms (hard shells). Been thinking about getting a cup of PW's but not sure on the sizes and stuff. I haven't blended the crickets today because she finally ate, a whole 17 crickets this evening. I was so thrilled. :blob5:

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
iibrandyii":e9634 said:
She is about 6 inches long and maybe an inch wide. Here's a link with a pic of her and Mushu viewtopic.php?f=44&t=91316
The crickets are small ones, no bigger than the space between her eyes. I have not tried an other feeder because there isnt any other types out here at the pet stores besides wax worms (too big for her and not healthy) and meal worms (hard shells). Been thinking about getting a cup of PW's but not sure on the sizes and stuff. I haven't blended the crickets today because she finally ate, a whole 17 crickets this evening. I was so thrilled. :blob5:

Congrats on getting her to eat crickets!!! Small phoenix worms are really small and are calcium packed. They should be fine for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom