Baby Cobie :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As some of you know, I was looking into getting a very pretty dragon, but circumstances changed and unfortunately I wasn't able to get the lil guy :cry:

But then this afternoon my friend who I hadn't talked to in over a year called me:
Friend: Hey! How have you been? Guess what, I'm at Petsmart right now and I'm looking at a dragon that would melt your heart!
Me: Oh really?! I was just thinking the last few days of getting another one!
Friend: Really? We should meet up for dinner and then we can go look at him, I know you'll just love him!

So after we went to dinner and got caught up, we went to the pet store to see the baby, and of course I fell in love!
Although I did want a red one, I knew that if I saw "the right" dragon, I would love it no matter what color it was!

He/she is happily basking already! And he/she has already ate a few pieces of collards, and took a nice big poo since I've had him/her home! :D
I found it ironic that she would call after over a year has gone by with no communication what-so-ever to tell me about a dragon she thought I'd like, when I found out just this afternoon I couldn't get the dragon I had originally wanted. Weird huh?

Of course I wouldn't make a new thread titled "New baby!" and not post any pictures :wink:
I'm not sure what sex it is, but was thinking of the name "Cobe", but I'm open to any name suggestions!
Here he/she is! :D

And of course I had to post a few of Howie so she wouldn't feel left out :roll:
So the story behind these pictures:
I bought a few basking rocks at Petsmart when I bought the new baby because I couldn't decide which would look better in the viv (I'm a girl give me a break :roll:) So I ended up getting both with the intentions of bringing back the unwanted one. I put Howie on my bed and she climbed into SeeJay's cat bed, and then I took both the rocks out of the bag and left them on my bed. My mom called me to dinner and so I left Howie sleeping in SeeJay's bed, and shut the door (She looked so cute I didn't want to wake her :)) And when I came back from eating, this is what I found:

I guess it's a good thing I bought both of the rocks, Howie already claimed the one she wanted whether it was meant for her or not!!
Needless to say, neither I nor the new baby got to choose which rock would go in his/her new viv! lol

Oh and if anyone lives by a Petsmart, I found 2 different basking rocks for under 6 bucks! I'll post a picture if anyone is interested in looking at them. The one I have in the viv now was $3.37, and the one Howie is laying on was $5. Pretty good deal I must say.

Backlash

Hatchling Member
Aw Cobies a great name! I actually think that would work for a girl or a boy, but heres hoping its a boy!

FaaFaa

Sub-Adult Member
Aznrainbowdime":23138 said:
aww he's sooo cute !!! congrats !!!! How's Howie getting along with the baby ????

Good question.... does Howie know the baby is there yet?

SARBEAR

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
FaaFaa":bad19 said:
Aznrainbowdime":bad19 said:
aww he's sooo cute !!! congrats !!!! How's Howie getting along with the baby ????

Good question.... does Howie know the baby is there yet?
I think Howie does know the baby is here, I've only ever put Howie up to Cobie's tank and neither of them seemed interested. I haven't introduced them face to face yet, and probably never will, I've heard to many stories about beardie fights :?
I actually just found out yesterday when I brought Howie to Petsmart that she loves fish! She sat there and watched the fish forever! It was too cute!

Cobie just had her very first shed!! It was just on the tip of her nose, but still! Cobie's color is quite a bit darker on her nose. Now she looks silly, lol ;)
She also didn't eat anything (that I know of) today, but sometimes she'll go a day without eating and then pig out the next day. So I'm guessing that's okay? I mean, if I'm offering her food everyday and she doesn't take it, then she must not want it, and I can't shove the crix down her throat (mostly cause I don't want to touch them, lol!) We'll see if she eats anything tomorrow..
She has been arm waving like nuts ever since I got her. I'm starting to think there's something mentally wrong with her, lol.
It's actually really cute though I should video tape it one day. She climbs on everything in her viv, and arm waves on each one for a few moments, and then moves on to the next thing. Is that weird? Or could that be a way of "getting to know" her viv??

(yes I'm going to start calling Cobie a "she". I'm tired of writing him/her every other word! I have a feeling Cobie is a girl, but we'll see!)

SARBEAR

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Does Cobie's eye look funny to you? Or am I just crazy?
PA220213.jpg

You can see where she's starting to shed!
PA220214.jpg

Just a random one, thought it was kinda cute!
PA220217.jpg

MyLittleFoot

Hatchling Member
Cobie is adorable and she has great color most of the ones that I have seen from pet stores are grey.

very cute beardie, I like all of the pics

FaaFaa

Sub-Adult Member
Don't worry about her not eating everyday. My little girl doesn't either. She will pig out one day and then eat nothing but veggies the next day, and then maybe the day after that she will eat a few veggies and one super. So unless she goes days and days I wouldn't worry about it.

Jen

SARBEAR

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
9 grams, 6.3125 inches

Cobie pigged out on some crix yesterday, she acted like she hadn't ate in weeks. And then today she only ate a few. But she is gaining weight and getting bigger, so I'm not too worried anymore!
She is still scared of everything though, she hides at the sight of me, and tries to run when I go to pick her up. But today I took her into the rec-room and held her while I watched tv, and she sat there for quite a while. So I think we're improving :)
She hasn't ate much greens though. I think she eats a piece here and there, I was hoping she would be a fan of salad, but I guess not!

Backlash

Hatchling Member
hmmm, i have a suggestion for the salad issue. i dont know if you tried it yet or not so ill just give it. When i first got saphira i knew alot of people had a hard time getting young ones to eat greens, so what i did was got some pheonix worms and fed her those in her food bowl. They were her only food for about 4 days or so, man did she eat alot of thosethings lol. so anyway after i ran out of the worms, i just used that bowl for salad, and made sure there was fresh greens in the morning before she woke up. My geuss is she related the bowl as a place for food, since thats the only place she was eating, and now when she sees something in it, she eats it. So thats how i got her to eat the greens lol.

SARBEAR

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Backlash":39eaf said:
hmmm, i have a suggestion for the salad issue. i dont know if you tried it yet or not so ill just give it. When i first got saphira i knew alot of people had a hard time getting young ones to eat greens, so what i did was got some pheonix worms and fed her those in her food bowl. They were her only food for about 4 days or so, man did she eat alot of thosethings lol. so anyway after i ran out of the worms, i just used that bowl for salad, and made sure there was fresh greens in the morning before she woke up. My geuss is she related the bowl as a place for food, since thats the only place she was eating, and now when she sees something in it, she eats it. So thats how i got her to eat the greens lol.
I'll have to try that, thanks for the suggestion :)

Zaphyrus

Congrats on the new baby. I find it funny that Howie is actually a girl. I took Niko to the vet the other day for a physical to make sure he's a healthy little boy...turns out the doc says Niko is a girl! I'm debating on whether I want to keep calling her Niko or maybe try Nika, Mieko or Mikah. Like you, I've been looking at another dragon as well :D since my brother took my dog to college with him :(

Oh, and what size tank is the new bd in? I can't quite tell since it's such a small little guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom