baby beardies

Status
Not open for further replies.

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
And get rid of the shavings... Us papertowels for now until you can get tile or non adhesive shelf liner.

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Also, while you are working on their proper set up....
Feel free to take and post pics of your baby beardies! We love pics :mrgreen:

Just want you to have some enjoyment of them LOL

But it won't be fun for them or for you if something sad happens :shock:

I realize it seems like a lot of work, and quite frankly it is more about getting the correct information (from this forum!lol)...once you have your set ups correct, then you get to have the fun part of watching them and decorating their vivs! :blob5:

For now, think about these things and go to the links that were posted for you :)
1: Lighting~~~Basking and UVB. Basking= regular household bulb, clear or GE Reveal will work fine. Order or find the Reptisun 10 tube bulb for the UVB. (be certain they are ReptiSUN NOT Reptiglo :) And the NEED to be within 6-8 inches of it while basking...they should have both lights while basking.

2: Substrate=use paper towels for now, you will be happy when they poop! Easy to clean up (or newspaper as Jess and others have said lol). I would not wait to do that either, it only takes one time for a mistake to happen :shock: :)

3: Feeders (oh, you will need a lot of those!!LOL) What are you using now? If you go to the feeding board you will get a lot of ideas that will appeal to you :)

Almost forgot! Babies need a temperature of 105-110 for basking...ambient viv temps just around 80ish. If the night temps stay above 65 degrees then no additonal heat is needed at night. They need it to be cool at night, in the 70's seems to be the most often recommend.

Remember to take pics while you are doing all of this, they grow soooo fast!
OH! Welcome to the boards!
Sherri

herpgirl2510

Sub-Adult Member
Hi and Welcome. One other point if you are using a uvb flouresent repti sun 10.0 is what is recommended they have to be 6-8" away in order for the light to be effective. I am really thankful I found this site because like people said people go to pet stores with intentions of doing the right thing for their beardies unfortunately most of the time they get terrible advie.

ChuckA

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
No problem will do, i have tyson hes the bigger one
and Holyfield the smaller one, but who is more energetic
i will post some more pics later, i am planning on getting the tank another light, so i can reseperate them

ChuckA

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
100_3105.jpg

100_3104.jpg

100_3103.jpg

A update of pics of what has been done to the beardies tank, hope you enjoy
very nice, indeed

ChuckA

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
lauraj1055":198tiycp said:
What are you using for a UVB bulb? That tank looks really high, so I was wondering if you were using the Reptisun 10.0??
I am using a 100 light bulb on each side, and i take them out in the sun daily, feeding them crickets with calcium, and also a lot of carrots

sillyjax30

You have done a GREAT job updating the viv...very nice!!

A great place to get a good discount on ReptiSun 10.0 (since you have to buy two each time!!):
http://www.petmountain.com/show_product/11442-507368

By the way . . . after seeing all the feedback given, I really appreciate your care of your beardies...some people would get real miffed and take it personal. But, so glad to have another beardie lover to follow on this board!!

Looking forward to seeing how they grow and how their personalities are different!!! :blob5:

ChuckA

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
sillyjax30":3166js7t said:
You have done a GREAT job updating the viv...very nice!!

A great place to get a good discount on ReptiSun 10.0 (since you have to buy two each time!!):
http://www.petmountain.com/show_product/11442-507368

By the way . . . after seeing all the feedback given, I really appreciate your care of your beardies...some people would get real miffed and take it personal. But, so glad to have another beardie lover to follow on this board!!

Looking forward to seeing how they grow and how their personalities are different!!! :blob5:
They sure are different for sure Holyfield the small one is very into everything always following you either with his eyes or just around the room area, Tyson the big one is very layed back, he just likes to eat and lounge nothing else :lol: :lol:

ChuckA

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I think Tyson had MBD, yea he has a lump on his back, but hes eating well, and acting OK, hes getting really big now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom