Baby beardies are here !PICS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JC0609

My eggs have been incubating for 87 days at 80-82 degrees.

I have candled them and they're all alive and I have gradually cranked the temp up to 84 degrees over the past week.

How long do you think until hatch?
Also, when they do hatch, who wants a pic thread?

Pic of eggs: http://imageshack.us/g/5/img10961a.jpg/

Clutches can vary in hatching times. My last clutch started hatching at day 95. I know at day 75 I started checking my eggs 3 times a day!! :lol: they should start hatching ANY time now.

JC0609

Original Poster
What if the temperature of the vermiculite is colder than the air temperature in the incubator, would this affect the incubation time?

JC0609

Original Poster
Literally looked at eggs ten minutes ago and nothing, just got a text from the GF, we have hatching!!!

JC0609

Original Poster
Sorry forgot about the pics!

How do you know if they haven't made it when they've pipped the egg

Give them 24 hours. Ive only had one baby not make it after pipping. You dont want to help them out of the egg because they still have the egg sac attached and you dont want that ripped off on accident. I bet tomorrow when you wake up he'll be out of the egg waiting for you guys! =)

JC0609

Original Poster
No other eggs pipped yet, could these guys just be a bit early or the others taking a nap?

william488

Juvie Member
by girl laid 107 eggs over 4 clutches, I kept 8, the others went to a breeder friend. I kept 4 from the first clutch and 4 from the second clutch, 3 eggs from the first clutch went bad a week after i gave my friend the others, and the first batch hatched for him at day 74-78 and my one egg from the first clutch hatched day like 88. the second clutch, all his eggs have hatched 10 days ago, the 4 I have have not yet but everything looks good with them, they are now at day 82.

J3TAC

we are waiting anxiously for our first clutch to hatch... at day 82 today :banghead:
wondering if we can hurt them if we candle them too much! We are just so flipping excited! :blob5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikeb
Top Bottom