Baby Beardie not eating his insects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello you guys I hope someone can help..I’ve had my baby Beardie for a month now I got him from PetSmart btw they gave me all the wrong info ?. He seemed to be eating his mealworms when I first got him which I stopped feeding him because, he stopped eating them. Which was probably for the best. I switched to wax worms he ate a few of them and stopped eating them too again probably for the best since I hear meal/wax worms are like Beardie junk food! But he loves mustard greens and cabbage!! I’m just concerned that he’s not getting his protein!!! Tomorrow I plan on getting him some pinhead crickets I hope it works...any suggestions on what I can do to get my baby eating his insects? I need help I’m a new Beardie mom!

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. Can you give a rundown of the set up? Lights used? Brands? Temps and how you take them? Size of the enclosure? I would try Phoenix worms, Dubai roaches and Silk worms. Crickets are fine. They like variety.

Maniluvsbeardies

Original Poster
destiny1998":188vrays said:
Hi. Can you give a rundown of the set up? Lights used? Brands? Temps and how you take them? Size of the enclosure? I would try Phoenix worms, Dubai roaches and Silk worms. Crickets are fine. They like variety.

Yes, I’m using the zoo med bearded dragon starter kit it came with a 20” tank..I’m switching his uvb light because I just recently found out that the one that came with the kit which is the terrarium hood which came with a cfl ReptiSun 5.0...is harmful to my baby so I take him outside to get some sun for about 30-40 mins until I can get him a new one next week (it’s nice and sunny here ?). Temps are about 105 in his basking area and about 90 in his cool area. He’s a playful, sweet, and calm baby he just won’t eat his protien ?. Should I try to force feed him worst case senario? And I greatly appreciate your response! ?

Maniluvsbeardies

Original Poster
destiny1998":2kphzqu4 said:

The crickets worked he loved them! ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom