Baby Bearded Dragon injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iamakel

Hey guys. Today I wasn't home for about 7 hours. Before I left I fed my 4 three months baby dragons. Everyday they gotta go outside to bask in the natural light for about 15-30 mins (everyday goes between 35-45°C). Today I didn't do that by myself and a friend did. When I got to feed them the second time I noticed something bad.

The problem is: one of my beardies, the smaller one got an injury. In my opinion it doesn't look like a bite or fight with another baby beardie. It kinda looks like a scratch (I had in her/his side of terrarium a mini-snag where s/he may have scratched her mouth. I removed it instantly.

92132-7043379145.jpg
92132-3569935342.jpg

What you guys think? Does it look like a fight or a scratch from the objects in the viv? I keep them in different parts of viv without seeing each other and the only time they do see each other is when they bask and they act very kindly (their parents have lived together for 2 years without any fights or things like that)

Is there any kind of solution I can put on the injury to help the baby not to be in pain? In the second meal, s/he didn't eat so I had to force feed few bugs.

Thank you!

PrettyinPurple

Hatchling Member
I've heard a lot of people saying that raw honey is really good for healing wounds, and it's natural so it shouldn't cause any further damage.
As for the wound, I'm no expert, but I would ask your friend if any of the babies fought while basking. If they don't see each other until that point, I would at least ask.
What kind of "snag" were you talking about that was in the tank? He/she could've fallen and maybe cut themselves.

Iamakel

Original Poster
This:
92132-5770957335.jpg
92132-6163484976.jpg
92132-9474357031.jpg

They have been living together for one month and then I separated them. I put raw honey on the wound just now.

My friend said they didn't fight and I don't doubt that because I know they don't. They bask everyday together so they know each other, they just don't live together anymore.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....I agree 100% with the use of honey, it will heal up a wound quicker than most anything and promotes tissue granulation because of the proteins + enzymes. That means less scarring.

A piece of wood rarely causes cuts/abrasions....what type of enclosure is it ? Any wire that it could have snagged against ? I wouldn't rule out a bite...babies are unpredictable. If you look away for a minute it can happen. But keep them separate now that there's a wound and be SURE there are no loose bugs in the tank to attack the honey on her face. She should heal just fine.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Just be careful not leave any crickets , roaches or locusts in the viv with your injured hatchling now you've separated them , as they will be drawn to the sweet smelling honey.

Iamakel

Original Poster
No, I won't. I feed them all separated outside on the ground so they can run for the bugs etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom