Baby bearded dragon growth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! I've been looking around the internet to see the average size of an almost 3 month old bearded dragon(she is approx. 10 weeks old) and found all sorts of lengths and weights, and I learned everyone's bearded dragon ia different. However, I just want to sure mine is growing at a proper rate. I measure and weigh her every Friday to keep track of her growth, last friday (June 5) she measured 8 inches and 23 grams. Does this seem okay for a (approx.) 10 week old bearded dragon? I'm not sure her exact age as I got her from someone who didn't keep track on hatching date, I approximated her to be 6 weeks when I got her May 9; she was about 6.5 inches, and weighed 9/10 grams. Just wanted some guidance as to whether she is a good length and weight for her age as well as if her growth over the past 4 weeks has been good or not. Thank you!! Here is some good photos of her overall size!
108262-52747238.jpg
108262-8532827105.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
All dragons grow at their own rate- their husbandry and diet will determine that---- so tell us what your using for UVB- No Coils-- basking temps what are they and how are you taking them No stick ons they are inaccurate- and what are you feeding?
Karrie

Gandalfthebeardiee

Original Poster
KarrieRee":11c6mnyp said:
All dragons grow at their own rate- their husbandry and diet will determine that---- so tell us what your using for UVB- No Coils-- basking temps what are they and how are you taking them No stick ons they are inaccurate- and what are you feeding?
Karrie

I have a 40 gal terrarium, reptisun 10.0 tube light mounted inside since it is a t8. I use a digital temp with a probe, I eventually would like to get a temp gun but I cant find one under 80$ rn!! Anyways, the highest point of the birchwood I have reaches 115F, the mid point is usually around 100 give or take 2 or 3 degrees, and lowest point in 95ish. She goes to the highest point right after eating, then after a bit she will go to the mid part and stay there. The warm part is in the mid-high 80's and cool end is high 70's, low 80's. I feed her crickets, around half an ich or a bit smaller, for awhile she was eating 20-30 a feeding but the past couple days she's been eating 10-15 a feeding, if even that. I feed her 3 times a day, but like I said, as of the past 2/3 days, she's been eating maybe 10 in the morning, 15 at lunch, and 5 for dinner (just approximate example).

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Temp gun look at your local home improvement store- try walmart.com- is she eating salads? You need to start salads pronto I will get some websites posted for other staple insects and the nutrition website
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Here are some websites you can get some worms from
BSFL a great staple feeder to add to the salads great for luring to the bowl you will need a glass or ceramic bowl http://www.symptonbsf.com also known as nutri grubs cacli worms or phoenix worms order large feed as many as you want do not dust them
http://www.dubiaroaches.com great worms from them and roaches - horn worms and butter worms of which everyone is out of the butter worms now the horn worms are a great hydrating worm they grow real fast so order small amounts of those I would use 1-2 on top of the salads
http://www.reptilesplus.com affliated w/ dubia roaches I beleive - they carry small super worms as well good for little dragons- can be added to tops of salad only use 1-3 --
http://www.artilianarts.com good for silk worms another staple feeder if you order in bulk 50 they come small make sure you get food too - you will need to feed and clean containers out daily
http://www.coastilsilkworms.com another good place to get silks from
Start w/ your salad in the morning let them eat from the bowl for say an hr or so then take a little salad out fo the bowl add your staple insect if using crickets disable them by pulling a leg or two off
Happy Shopping
Karrie

Gandalfthebeardiee

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1mt45f3c said:
Temp gun look at your local home improvement store- try walmart.com- is she eating salads? You need to start salads pronto I will get some websites posted for other staple insects and the nutrition website
Karrie
She does eat salad here and there, but not consistently. I've tried putting various insects in with the salad but she refuses to eat it that way, so i gave up and just leave it in there for her. Once a day I do try to hand feed her greens (mustard, dandelion, collards) However, i will start doing what you said about putting it in the morning and then adding feeders to it and see how she does then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harobuilt
Top Bottom