Baby BD Missing in Apartment

Status
Not open for further replies.

supertrisha

Juvie Member
Any luck so far? Have you checked behind the fridge, stove, washer, dryer, computer tower, etc? Keep us posted! We wish you luck!!

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Check the TOPS of your curtains. we had a simular post a couple months back. She posted a where's waldo pict for us. The little guy was laying out all comfy on top of her curtains! :lol:

Sandy H

Mrkngpen

Juvie Member
I once lost an adult leopard gecko when I lived in an old apartment building. After searching everywhere (in the fairly small apt), I realized that he had crawled through a 2" hole in the wall by where the radiator pipe went. I was terrified, this was a big old building with 6 apartments in it! Also, it was November in upstate NY so the night temps were around freezing. I widened the hole to about 8 inches and set up a heat light aiming at it and I would also mist it with water. I stayed up for 3 nights straight watching for him to come to the hole. Finally, on the third night, when I was half delirious with desperation and lack of sleep, he showed up. I inched toward him and made a grab (they move a lot faster than beardies!). I don't know if my heart has ever beat so fast as when I finally got him back safe and sound.

O-Gonchothedragon

Juvie Member
im sorry u cant find him! :cry: i suggest looking every where you can think. give your cat an x ray, could he have left ur apartment rooms?if ur comfterbul, maybe set some crickets free, or keep them in a clear cage in the middle of the floor,use a heat lamp keep your cat locked up in a small room with food water and liter box for a while where u know ur poor beardie isn't in. if/when u find him i recommend either keeping him a seperat room with the door closed with no cat or put a super safe lock.my room has turned into o-goncho's room because i can't let my cats in for various reasons.(heat lamp safty reasons, gettin at the dragon, gettin at the beta fish,etc)

so, good luck with finding him!! :D

Mrkngpen":9d43d said:
I once lost an adult leopard gecko when I lived in an old apartment building...... I inched toward him and made a grab (they move a lot faster than beardies!). I don't know if my heart has ever beat so fast as when I finally got him back safe and sound.

I know exactly how that goes, when I lost my Hemidactylus garnotii I wore myself half to death trying to find her. She actually turned up under the armchair in my living room and it took a good half an hour and two people to get her tiny inch and a half long self corralled. I was so happy I found her I almost started crying. Glad I found her too, there's no way I can replace that species, hardly anyone seems to have them.

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Oh my, this is just awful, I feel so bad for you and the your beardie, has your cat ever taken the top off before? When you've been home, has your cat paid attention to your beardie, I mean acting like it wanted to pouce? I agree with the others, watch your cat closely, it may be the key in finding your baby. Best wishes and keep up posted.

access0denied

Original Poster
Nope, no sign of him at all. It's been a week, and he is still MIA. I think I have given up hope. I've looked everywhere, try the basking lamp/food while we were gone, and still nothing. We don't have a big place either, just a 2 bedroom apartment. grrr.... :evil:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well, have you looked absolutely everywhere? He probably climbed underneath something & is brumating. The kitchen cabinets underneath the bottom piece alot of times there are crevices to crawl under. Did you move all of your furniture? Did you look behind the tv stand or underneath it where it is warm?
If you have a washer & dryer, could he have crawled behind one of those?

Tracie

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
O my gosh!
I'm so sorry!
I hope you find the little guy!
I can't imagine losing Zing, I'd be hysterical!!!! :cry:
I lost him for 5 mins once in my room and almost hyperventalated! I found him in the corner asleep. :roll:
I hope you get your baby back again!
Leave food at all times on the floor.

wingeddrgn

Hatchling Member
One place to check is in the furniture...My beardies will crawl in between the cushions or behind the cushions. Also one time one of them crawles inside of the couch..There was a small tear underneath of the couch and she found it and crawled up in there..That was when she was a adult... Under the dryer is another spot she liked. They can fit into places you wouldn't think they could. I hope you find her...

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Hey everyone remember that the OP said the baby beardie is only 5 to 5-1/2 inches long.

I have several escape artists thank God they are bigger than that.
I can't imagine trying to locate one so small.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom