babies dying one by one....HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAVVASTIG

MY TWO BEARDIES DIED.....THEY WERE 2-3 WEEKS OLD...AND I HAD THEM 5-6 DAYS, IN THE PAST 2 HATCHINGS DIED IN THE SAME TERRA
I FED THEM CRICKETS IN THE RIGHT SIZE
THE UVB BULB IS A SOLAR GLO 160WATT
THE BASK TEMP WAS 105-110
THE COOL SIDE TEMP 85-90
THE TERRA IS 120X100X100.
THE SUBTRATE IS REPTICARPET,
THE HUMIDITY 25-35%
THEY MADE ALL THE DAY WEIRD MOVEMENTS OF THEIR BODY, AND THEY COULDNT STAY IN THEIR 4 LEGS BUT WHEN I BOUGHT THEM THEY SAW FINE AND VERY ACTIVE......

PLEASE HELP ME WHAT TO DO......
I DIDNT MADE SOMETHING WRONG BECAUSE I FOLLOWED ALL THE TIPS AND ADVICES FROM THE CARE SHEETS I FOUND FROM THIS SITE AND FROM GOOGLE

MissT

BD.org Addict
SAVVASTIG, I am sorry to hear this, again but please do not go out and get another beardie until you are 100% certain that everything is in order.

Couple questions - in your last set of pics, we could not see a digital thermometor with a long wire and probe - there was only a digital display and a round gauge. Have you got the correct thermometor yet - can you take a picture of that??

How far away is the solar glo from the beardies when they are basking? It looked much too close in last set of pictures.

What size are the crickets that you are feeding?

What brad of calcium are you using and how often?

What brand of vitamins are you using and how often!

From what has happened to all 4 of these beardies - im suspecting it is something to do with the UV and the calcium/vitamins

SAVVASTIG

Original Poster
MIST I FORGOTTEN TO SAY THAT BOTH OF THEM THEY MADE SPASMS LIKE CRAZY, AND THE THEY COULDNT REACT TO THE ENVIROMENT, TO THE HEAT, BUT THE ONLY THING THEY DID WAS TO HAVE THEIR EYES OPEN, AND MAKE CRAZY SPASMS WITHOUT BEING ABLE TO CONTROL THEIR BODY AND THEIR HEAD......BOTH OF THEM...

THE SOLAR GLOW IS AT LEAST 50CM FAR,
THE CRICKETS ARE SMALL SIZE, 1/4
THE BRAND OF CALCIUM IS T-REX CALCIUM 2:0 AND VITAMINS
I HAVE A DIGITAL THERMOMETER WITH 2 WIRES WITH 2 SENSORS, ON ANALOG THERMOMETER IN THE COOL SIDE AND ONE THERMOMETER STRIPE....

MissT

BD.org Addict
And you are laying the sensors on the basking spot for a mimimum of 45 mins to ensure it is the correct temp???

I would also lower that cool side temp - 80 - 85 is hot enough for the cool side.

How often were you dusting with calcium?

How often were you dusting with vitamins?

SAVVASTIG

Original Poster
WITH CALCIUM AND VITAMINS 2 TIMES A WEEK,
THE SENSORS ARE IN THE CORRECT PLACE FROM THE FIRST SECOND,

MissT

BD.org Addict
Iguanas are much more difficult than beardies. They need constant attention and can become very aggressive, esp with people they do not know. Also, an Iguana needs to have practically a whole room to itself.

Babies need calcium 5 times per week and vitamins 2 times per week.

Grimleo

Juvie Member
I am very sorry to hear that SAVVASTIG.

What is the story behind this, though? Did you buy all of the dragons at once? or did you buy a coupe, and then buy a couple later?

It sounds like you bought them, put them in their cage, and they started freaking out. But I don't think I know the whole story. All I can come up with so far is something in your cage or room must be toxic, they could have eaten something very bad for them, or they haven't gotten the right nutrients/food or environment.

I am not an expert in this in any way, but I am just giving out ideas.

Once again, I am very sorry.

Grimleo

Juvie Member
Im very sorry SAVVASTIG :/

Couple questions..Did you have an under the tank heater? Sandy substrate?

missnikki

From what you are explaining. it sounds like extreme calcium defiency to me. they loose all control of their necks and do back flips and just seem so un coordinated. i would give them extra calcium for a bit and see if that helps. if anyone has anything else that would help. but from the sounds of it, i would suggest calcium defiency.

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
I really would try and get them to a vet, call the local vets and ask if they know of a reptile vet in the area.

sjsexotics

Hatchling Member
eachtime it sounds as though you have only had the beardies for a few days beardies are very hardy reptiles and something isvery wrong for them to die so quickly. I think they are being over heated one post said a 160 watt bulb( not sure if that was a mistake) but that is My opinion. Please dont buy more beardies.
My sugestion is to not get any reptiles untill you are sure you know what you are doing

I have gotten in rescued bearies that have been in horribable conditions and they are so strong there has to be something major wrong for them all to die so quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SilverSelene
Top Bottom