Awkward Shed or Tail Rot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pr0ngl3z

I have an odd situation with Z, she'll be 1 year old next month and for the past 3 months the very end of her tail has been turning black. I can tap it, touch it and it's flexible but we have been treating the situation if its tail rot. The length of black hasent changed and its only the top half of her tail going black. I could 100% be over reacting to what could be shed as the tail hasent had any signs of drying out or dying what so ever. Her personality is still the same, she eats no problem and poops on a regular basis. Lightling hasent changed and the only thing thats haplens to the tail which has lead me to suspect bruising instead is when I closed her door and she got her tail stuck for less than a second.

No I have not taken her to a vet to get this figured out as I am about to move into a new house and atm don't have enough to pay for a simple vet checkup.
20220202_164338.jpg 20220202_164357.jpg

Attachments

• 20220202_164014.jpg
    20220202_164014.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 116
  • 20220202_164411.jpg
    20220202_164411.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 80

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't see signs of damage. It may just be dark coloring which is OK in itself. Keep an eye out for withering or wounded looking areas, but if all else is OK, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Especially if it hasn't changed over the course of 3 months.

mango_the_beardie

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Mango
I have an odd situation with Z, she'll be 1 year old next month and for the past 3 months the very end of her tail has been turning black. I can tap it, touch it and it's flexible but we have been treating the situation if its tail rot. The length of black hasent changed and its only the top half of her tail going black. I could 100% be over reacting to what could be shed as the tail hasent had any signs of drying out or dying what so ever. Her personality is still the same, she eats no problem and poops on a regular basis. Lightling hasent changed and the only thing thats haplens to the tail which has lead me to suspect bruising instead is when I closed her door and she got her tail stuck for less than a second.

No I have not taken her to a vet to get this figured out as I am about to move into a new house and atm don't have enough to pay for a simple vet checkup.
View attachment 67393 View attachment 67394
I agree with what they said it looks normal beautiful dragon though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom