Autumn's new Official Thread update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got Autumn roughly a year ago, August 2010. He is from Sandfire Dragon Ranch and a gift from my older sister. I had no idea what I was getting into. I got him home and put him on crushed walnut shells, fed him dusted crickets and mealworms every day. I then found this thread and had to start all over lol. He started in a 20L and has upgraded to a 40 breeder. He grew like a weed when we first got him and thought he was a she for the longest time, hint the name. When he started popping orange and yellow colors, we just stuck with it.

His set up is simple but efficient. He has a stick like thing lol that he has had since he was a baby that he loves. This is what he basks on and the basking temps range from 100-103°. He has a Repti-sun mounted inside his cage roughly 8" from his basking spot, but can get 6" away if he chooses. I have a regular 75W household bulb for his heat source and a 15w bulb for added light on the other. It has came to the point where I am worrying about brumation, so today I added a large hide I made out of a usps flat rate box. I added my old shirt that he sleeps on inside the hide for added comfort. He was not impressed when I placed it into his viv today. I will add some pics in a little bit.

Thanks for reading.

Autumn as a little guy
101_3586.jpg

101_3593.jpg

Autumncage002.jpg

100_3630.jpg

Autumn as a big boy
105_3647.jpg

105_3662.jpg

003.jpg

IMAG0035.jpg

midmichicer

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I've got a hot young lady for Autumn in Summer. He notices her, beard jet black and head bobbs non stop.

That is so cute! Falkor runs around his tank and head bobs for me and turns "fancy", that's what we call it when he is bright orange. He does it all the time in the summer and only does it for me, haha. I think it's because he wants me to pay attention to him.

midmichicer

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Autumn is starting to confuse the heck out of me. He went down for a couple weeks and woke up about a week ago and started basking. He started to eat good, but has slowed down again. He lost a little weight, down to 744g now. He only ate 3 supers yesterday and a little greens. He seems to be basking all the time. He fell asleep on his basking log last night. No signs of stress or black in his beard, idk. We will wait and see if he wants to go take a long nap again soon. :study:

suzjohnson

Sub-Adult Member
CJ, what size was Autumm when you started giving him supers? Then, what size super did you begin with?

Suz

midmichicer

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
He was roughly 18", 7 months when I gave up on him eating crickets and started on dubia/super diet. He started with the medium size and thats where I have left it. The big ones are to much I think. I can get the mediums and they grow a little before he eats. He only eats 10-12 a day with 5-10 large dubia nymphs when he is eating good.

suzjohnson

Sub-Adult Member
midmichicer":5dgkpm5s said:
He was roughly 18", 7 months when I gave up on him eating crickets and started on dubia/super diet. He started with the medium size and thats where I have left it. The big ones are to much I think. I can get the mediums and they grow a little before he eats. He only eats 10-12 a day with 5-10 large dubia nymphs when he is eating good.
Ok, thanks. Think I'll get some for Rufus today.

Suz

suzjohnson

Sub-Adult Member
midmichicer":ysd8fmqq said:
As long as they're 16"+ large supers are alright.
I would probably worry less with the mediums but I will look at them again. That's one feeder that kind of gives me the creeps.

Suz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom