Automatic Water Bowls

Status
Not open for further replies.

RachaelAnn

My dragons tend to tip their water over more than they use it. So I recently picked up a couple of those water bowls that have a bottle that keeps the bowl filled. I can't think of what they're actually called so I just call them automatic water bowls. My question is would this be a bad idea for my dragons? I honestly can't think of any cons to using this idea, but I need an answer from those that are more educated than me.

The image below is just a stock pic and not the ones I have. I'm just posting it to show the type of thing I'm talking about, because I'm sure my description isn't going to come across very clearly. The ones I have are entirely plastic. I know they're mainly for dogs and cats, but I thought they could work for dragons too. Mine are brand new and have never been used, and my dogs haven't been able to get near them. I don't know if that matters or not.

Also, I couldn't figure out what board this belonged in, which is why I put it here.

110268-7156601334.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It can be useful if they tend to drink from their bowls. Otherwise it may not be worth it. Some folks have rigged a similar setup to slowly drip into a bowl to create some motion in the water which is effective.

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
They'd probably enjoy a waterfall I've used them in my setup before I just use a mist king now she gets most of her water from her green and insects but once in awhile I'll drop a bowl of water in there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harobuilt
Top Bottom