Attitude issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband and I have a 5 1/2 month old bd, who we adopted when it was a couple weeks old, and he/she has quite an attitude problem. It is extremely aggressive, and will bite you without hesitation, if given the chance. I understand that they can become aggressive if you don't hold them enough, so I want to make it absolutely clear that we have given it the same amount of love/attention we have given to ALL of our BD's, since day 1 (i.e. holding it every day), but it still has quite the temper, and we are desperate for some advice from the awesome BD community.

NONE of our other BDs have ever had aggression issues, so we are not sure what we're not doing right. It seems that he/she has become more aggressive, not passive, as it has gotten 'older'. Does anyone here have experience with this situation, and have you ever successfully tamed an aggressive BD? Could it be that this is just this particular BD's personality? I'm sure there has to be some type of positive enrichment training that would help, I mean, if our zoo can successfully train a crocodile to not attack while they are in the enclosure with it, then there has GOT to be a method that will work with our little juvie beardie, but we're at a loss.

Thank you all in advance for whatever advice you can give!

Muffu

I've watched some videos where ppl are showing their dragons their fist instead of their opened hand. The dragon supposedly sees the fists and understands that he can't eat it :D

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Maybe the hatchie was hurt by someone before you adopted it or it's being defensive of it's space. Not a huge problem in either case.

Try popping a tasty favourate insect treat into that open mouth each time it threat displays at you. OR if you are handling it and it looks like it wants to bite , do the same.

it will settle and calm down and learn to trust you, this is important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom