Status
Not open for further replies.

ajkry2

Gray-bearded Member
SARBEAR":42cc9 said:
ajkry2":42cc9 said:
SARBEAR":42cc9 said:
ajkry2":42cc9 said:
How about substrate? Can I use plain ol' oatmeal?
Yep, thats what I'm using!
thanks pal!

did you see this thread?

http://www.beardeddragon.org/home/beardie/beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=100703&hilit=

Just another superworm breeding guide :)
Wow! That's awesome!!!
Puts my post to shame, hah. :wink:
this one is more fun though :)

that one is all like "INFO" and this one's all like "yay!! superworms!!"

SARBEAR

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
ajkry2":53262 said:
SARBEAR":53262 said:
SARBEAR":53262 said:
How about substrate? Can I use plain ol' oatmeal?
Yep, thats what I'm using!
thanks pal!

did you see this thread?

http://www.beardeddragon.org/home/beardie/beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=100703&hilit=

Just another superworm breeding guide :)
Wow! That's awesome!!!
Puts my post to shame, hah. :wink:
this one is more fun though :)

that one is all like "INFO" and this one's all like "yay!! superworms!!"
lol, glad you think so :)

s3rous

Could you feed your beardie the beetles? Like after they lay the eggs and before they die? Or even after they die? Just wondering, since we are all producing these colonies to feed our beardies without buying feeders and it seems like a waste to just throw them away.

DragonsInKansas

Sub-Adult Member
They live for quite a while and will give you many many batches of eggs. The ones that have died in my colony were eaten buy the other beetles or worms before i could take out the body (I can tell because there are wings in the bin) So I'd say if they are getting eaten then they aren't being wasted.

Also their shells seem pretty hard, so i would think that there'd be an inpaction risk there.

AutopsySoldier

Hatchling Member
s3rous":a4ef1 said:
Could you feed your beardie the beetles? Like after they lay the eggs and before they die? Or even after they die? Just wondering, since we are all producing these colonies to feed our beardies without buying feeders and it seems like a waste to just throw them away.

You wouldn't want to feed the beetles, their shells are really hard and could possibly cause impaction.

SARBEAR

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks for answering the questions! I had to work 9 am-6 today, and then I had a couple babies that needed some cuddle time :)
I agree, I wouldn't feed these to your beardie!

PA210212.jpg

This was taken yesterday morning I believe..I have quite a bit more now. A few are almost 100% black!

EDIT: Unfortunately I just found a almost black beetle in my room..Now I'm not sure if a superworm got loose in my room, and it pupated and then turned to a beetle, or if it got out of the 3 drawer organizer, or if it crawled out of the bead organizer (I have it propped open for more air circulation but I thought it was a tight enough space to where they can't crawl out..) Needless to say, I'm starting to rethink the 3 drawer organizer, at least for the beetles. I don't think a super will pupate if it's loose crawling around my room, right? So it has to be either the 3 drawer organizer or the bead organizer. Maybe I'll find a tub and stick all the beetles in there.. :? yikes! I threw it outside though, cause I have no idea where the beetle came from, and if it picked up any chemicals off my floor since we sprayed my room a few months ago. At least it has "SOME"chance of survival.

Oh, and another thing, I've got this "beetle" that is half beetle half pupae..It's super weird looking and I don't think it will survive much longer. I'll have to take a picture and post it tomorrow. I've left it alone for a couple days now, thinking it may turn, and it's just having trouble, but nothing yet. Most of the pupaes will turn in the matter of an hour or less so I think I've just got an odd ball. It's kind of interesting looking though! I promise I'll post the picture tomorrow when I get off of work!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom