Atadenovirus or fatty liver? Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
As mentioned adult dragons can eat much much less than babies and be healthy.

I know it's frustrating and constantly being at the vet with. No good answers sucks but no one on this board can diagnose your dragon. We can give guesses and suggestions based on experience...but you need to work with a good vet to run and interpret diagnostics. To rule out ADV you need the test. To monitor liver health you need the tests. A bacterial infection I think should have shown on the blood tests (white cell count). If your vet doesn't seem like they are a good one get your records and take them to another vet for second opinion. Unfortunately most disease in dragons can't be confirmed by physical inspection without tests.

Socal95

Original Poster
Hello all, I'm taking my little guy in to see another vet who has a ton of experience with reptiles. He will be seen tomorrow afternoon. He is still just as active as he has ever been but he doesn't seem to want to eat. Although he does like the squash baby food I bought today. How much of that should I be feeding him?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your boy doing today? Is his beard normal color or black?
I hope you are able to get a copy of the blood test, that would be nice to see.
Will he not eat on his own, or take food willingly from a syringe? You can try getting a syringe & putting it in through the side of his mouth, to decrease chances of him aspirating fluids. That's great he likes the squash baby food.
Is he maintaining or losing weight? You can give several mls of food daily if you feel he needs extra food.
I will send a PM regarding testing for adeno.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mei mei
Top Bottom