Ash has Dubia Phobia

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
Okay, we have a problem. Has anyone else ever had your dragon suddenly develop a phobia to the dubia? We have been feeding them to all our dragons for a while now and
not had any problems. Ash normally glass dances and goes crazy for them. Suddenly about 3 or 4 days ago maybe more she started not wanting to eat them. Now when you
put them in her viv she runs from them. She actually climbs her hammock and her rocks to get away from them. She is actually afraid of her food. We have started feeding her
baby food again to get protein in her. She is eating her salad fine and it is not her viv all that is fine she is afraid of her feeders. So does anyone have any solutions or has anyone
had this before?

ArchiesFamily

Juvie Member
At one point Scout was afraid of the dubia. I had given him an adult male and it had fallen onto its back. When Scout bit it I believe one of the spikey things on the dubias back legs poked his mouth. He immediately threw it to the side and looked at me like I did it. He wouldn't touch them for weeks and would back away from them at every feeding. I eventually coaxed him back, but would have to hold the dubia so it was backside up for Scout to try again. He would only eat the babies (as a 21" adult) on his own, he needed mummy's help with the bigger guys. :lol:

Good luck to Ash. He's not waving to them is he? I remember some of the posts in the past where the babies were waving to the crickets. That cracks me up.

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Thats right Laura, I forgot about Scout's roach leg incident. Jeritta, that could have something to do with it.

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Laura and Jiffy that could be it. I guess one could have scared her some how but I don't know when. I know there have been a couple of days when I was too sick to feed them and Jeff had too but he is very good about making sure to take his time with her. I am at a loss as to what it is. I just hope is resolves soon. We have ordered her some worms while
we try to figure it out.
I have even tried to feed her the itty bitty dubia and she runs from them too. Although she will eat any of them if they are on their back acting helpless and spinning in circles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom