Arm waving and bobbing head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beccajay

Hi guys. Had my beardie Hershel just coming up to two weeks now.

This morning I noticed him arm waving and thought he may actually be a female. (Even though I checked under his tale and it would seem I'm pretty sure he's male.) But then he ran down to the bottom of his tank and started head bobbing and puffing his beard. The colour of his beard didn't change and was pure white as usual.

He's now sat staring at his reflection and has been for the past half an hour arm waving and head bobbing.

What's up with him? He's probably about 3-4 months old.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He probably thinks the reflection is another dragon and is trying to communicate. If you can put some paper or a background up on the enclosure, it may help to stop him from doing that. The arm waving is a submissive gesture as far as I know. It's not necessarily linked to one gender or another.

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Some dragons also do it to their humans, especially if they're feeling insecure. We wave back to the newbies and it seems to cheer them up :)

Beccajay

Original Poster
CooperDragon":wfblwvit said:
He probably thinks the reflection is another dragon and is trying to communicate. If you can put some paper or a background up on the enclosure, it may help to stop him from doing that. The arm waving is a submissive gesture as far as I know. It's not necessarily linked to one gender or another.

Hi thanks. I did this. Placed some paper on the sides.

He stopped but the temperature shot up from 100 to around 135. Is there anything I can do to stop this?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Wow, that's a pretty big jump. I'd try raising the basking light or put it on a lamp dimmer so you can cut the power a little bit and reduce the heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom