ARGH!!! Need help locating fixture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArchiesFamily

Juvie Member
We brought home a new baby beardie. I didn't go out looking for one, but, we have one and she's a cutie. She's in a 20 gallon long tank (Vijah just moved into his forever tank, yay!). For Vijah I had ordered the 36" Reptisun 10.0 and the Flukers fixture from http://www.petmountain.com. I can still get the light from there, but they are sold out of the fixture. I'm not finding them anywhere else. Can you help? I know some have said you can go to Lowes and buy a fixture. I just did a search on their website and couldn't find anything like the fixture we have. I am, admittedly, handywoman handicapped. If you found yours at Lowes can you show me a link to the product?

I am wanting to get the 36" so that I don't have to buy another one when we upgrade tanks.

ArchiesFamily

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I found what I think is the same as what I have for Vijah. It says -

NOTE: these fixtures are best used with T-8 (1" diameter) or T-10 (1-1/4" dia) bulbs. T-12 (1-1/2" dia) bulbs will work, but it is a very tight fit and some contact between the bulb and the starter can be expected.

This is for the 36" fixture which is a T-12. I don't think there was a problem with the one Vijah has. What does it mean with the contact b/w bulb and starter. Is that bad?

I found this on http://www.herpsupplies.com Has anyone ordered from them? They are actually about $3 cheaper on the light and fixture than petmountain.

ArchiesFamily

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Bummer, I got this message from your link - The product you are trying to view is not currently available.

What keywords did you use to search for it?

RedHandFilms

Sub-Adult Member
The people at Lowes or Home Depot will help you. Just take the tube in with you and tell them you need a fixture for it. They'll find what you need.
Be aware that some of the fixtures they sell do not have plugs or wire, but you can find that stuff in the store. If you ask nicely, you could probably get one of the workers to go ahead and wire it for you.

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
We bought a new fixture for Waffles new house at Lowes. It was a 36" tube holder thing. i think it was about $12. It was in with a bunch of the lighting stuff. So I dont know about online, but we didnt have any trouble finding them in the store. I dont know if it was wired or not though, Butch took care of that.

ArchiesFamily

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Jiffy":0482c said:
We bought a new fixture for Waffles new house at Lowes. It was a 36" tube holder thing. i think it was about $12. It was in with a bunch of the lighting stuff. So I dont know about online, but we didnt have any trouble finding them in the store. I dont know if it was wired or not though, Butch took care of that.

Jiffy, was the fixture you bought to sit on top of the screen or were you putting it inside? The one we have on Vijah's tank sits on top of the screen. The fixture has the bulb up high enough inside it that the light does not sit on the screen, but the edges of the fixture do instead.

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Ours is actually inside. Waffle's new viv has a wooden top, and it is mounted inside the viv to the underneath of the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom