ARG!

Status
Not open for further replies.

melissa102787

Hatchling Member
So... I have a clutch of eggs that is 62 days old today. This is my first clutch so I am super anxious. They have been Incubating around 84 degrees. Humidity has been kept at around 80%. The eggs were placed exactly how they were laid. I originally put the eggs directly in the incubator. And then put 7 in a plastic container with holes. After a week, the ones in the container were larger and plump. The others had started denting so I put them all in a plastic container and they plumped back out and have been fine ever since. All 23 eggs are fertile. I candle them once every two weeks.
The 7 that were originally in the container have always been a tad larger. However, they also had discoloration that the others didn't have. I'll post pics of both.

About a week or so ago, a couple of the eggs started to dimple( the ones that are a bit smaller). I added water just in case it was humidity, and sure enough, they plumped back out. 3-4 days ago, 3 of the 7 larger ones started to dent/dimple. I added water thinking maybe it was the humidity. However, they did not plump back out and are still dimpled. There are spots on the eggs in that container that look thinner than the rest of the shell. They actually are kind of weird looking to me. Anyways... I'm going crazy waiting for a head to pop out. I hope they are ok, despite their appearance. How long can they dimple and dent before hatching?? What is the longest length of time from the first hatching to the last? Also, looking at the pics... Are they alright? they all have intricate veins inside them and dark masses when I candle. I have not seen any movement in them though... not even in the dimply ones :(

Here are the ones that are not denting yet
delilah016.jpg

And here are the 7 that are denting
delilah013.jpg

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Sorry dear those eggies are not dimpled they are dried up looking to me.
Look as if they either got to warm or to dry. :( I'm guessing to dry as 85% to 90% humidity has always worked best for me.
I'd remove the shriveled looking ones and check temps and humidity again...keeping a close eye on the remaining eggs as it is possible that one/some may survive.

Best of wishes....

Cuda

Gray-bearded Member
Retired Moderator
I wouldn't throw anything out just yet. I've had babies hatch from eggs that look just like your "shriveled" ones.

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
add some water to your perilite.
and wait.
no funk no rot = wait.
eggs can take 70 days to hatch.
Ive had them go longer.

melissa102787

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I changed the substrate to vermiculite about 5 days ago... Today I went to check on them since I notice a bit of white mold growing on a couple and was shocked to find this

babies008.jpg

I'm excited! They are 70-71 days today and hatching! :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8:

awww how cute are they?!. i am incubating my first lot of eggs, they will be 3 weeks old on saturday. its my beardies first clutch, i have candled them, i have 10 fertile eggs out of 12 laid. i am so excited . congrats on the new borns x x
sharon x

melissa102787

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
These are my very first hatching. Last year my female caught me off guard in the middle of moving, she had never been gravid before. I tried making a make shift incubator but it didn't work and all the eggs died within a week or two. So I went out and bought an incubator. This year I was ready for it! She laid 23 and I only lost one egg out of it. 6 have hatched and I have two more heads poking out :mrgreen:
They are so cute, I left them in there last night only to find two had escaped(inside the incubator)! Lol. So now they are in the 20 gal. They are not basking at all... instead they are hiding under the paper towels. I have a heat emitter, a basking bulb, a UVB light strip and a small heat pad under there. I'm about to go check my temps to make sure they are warm enough, little stinkers. They seemed cold earlier so I added the heat emitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom