Are these babys big?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new to the forum and I have a few questions. First a little background. 1 year ago I bought my grandson and granddaughter each a baby beardie for Christmas. I knew nothing at the time about them (except the basics, heating, lighting, enclosure, and feeding requirements) so they were housed together. Well it turned out that I had a male and female and the female layed eggs. I put them in my incubator, and all 18 hatched to my surprise :shock:. My male and female appear to be just regular beardies. My male measures 20inches and the female measures 18inches, but the 2 babies that I kept measure 14 inches and are 3 months old they were born at the end of October. My first question is are these babies exceptionally big or is that about average? My second question some of the babies appear to be reduced scale from normal scale parents is that possible? The babies are very pretty citrus tigers I think. Mom is orange and the dad is dull yellow. One baby is light with dark tiger stripes and the other is darker with dark stripes both have some orange. :wink:

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Deb, those are pretty large for 3 month old, but not unusually large. And yes, they can have reduced scales being from normal parents. Can you post a few pics of them, some close ups of their back ?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Those are some big babies, looks like they are not missing any meals. :) They are normal scaled, I don't see reduced scales on them. They're big, meaty standard dragons. :)

Debsdragons123

Original Poster
Thanks for the information on the scales. I kept bouncing back and forth on that. I'm pretty new to bearded dragon morphs. It must just be the color difference that makes the lighter one look smoother :lol:. Either way they are perfect the way they are. By the way, I'm too soft hearted when it comes to bearded dragons as my female is still laying fertile eggs. I don't have the heart to freeze then discard them and I have another 26 eggs hatching as I type this. Hopefully these will be the last of the fertile eggs. I love them, but they are little eating machines. :lol:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom