Are these baby dubias?

Status
Not open for further replies.

techdave

Juvie Member
I got these form the pet store, they weren't sure what they were, but they thought they were dubias. They called them blata lata-something. If they're not, can Tiamat eat them ok? Or will they grow with the known dubias ok? They have a light brown shell, the bigger ones turning a little black. I'll try to get a pic up in a bit. My phone is in use at the moment.

Blatta lateralis aka Turkistan roaches, no they're not baby dubias. Some dragons eat them some don't. Try it, hopefully your beardie likes em :blob5:

oh that I have no idea, I think I read somewhere here before (or maybe another forum) that one of the turkistan roaches got into the dubia bin by accident? Can't recall what happened, personally I'd keep them apart since I think Blatta lateralis requires higher humidity. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable here can help haha :banghead:

romanfj

Hatchling Member
Yes, the blatta lateralis and blaptica dubia can be safely housed together. I have been doing it for several months (by accident). No matter how hard I try, I can seem to find every egg case in my dubia colony to clean it out and the red runners keep popping back up in my dubia bin. I need to get a new bin and manually pick out all the dubias and transfer the dubias to the new bin.

Frank

techdave

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Alright, thanks guys. I think I might just go ahead and let Tiamat have at em. Or maybe not.... I don't know lol. As long as they're not detrimental to my dubias, I might just let them grow a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mangomom
Top Bottom