Are there any safe/good MVBs right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
So it's been awhile since I've spent regular time on the boards... been trying to get myself back up to date! :)

It seems many of the MVBs have been called into question over the last year, year and a half... :dontknow:

The short story: when we switched from tube lighting, I originally went with a T-Rex 100w, which when it slowed, we replaced with a MegaRay 100w. We were happy with both bulbs, but the MegaRay crapped out on me fairly early--at about 9 months (just burned out). I replaced that with a Solar Glo 125w, which at the time seemed a decent bulb, but since we've learned their output is not great... oh, and ours burned out yesterday after only 4 months use! Grrrr.

I've got beardie under his original ReptiSun tube w/basking bulb for the time being, but when I look at all the posts here, I'm not sure which MVB to order???

What is the general consensus on this at present?

Many thanks,
Em

midmichicer

Gray-bearded Member
I know Cheryl at Beardeddragon.co sells Powersuns. I trust her judgement, I would go with those If I were looking for one.

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Much appreciated. Funny, used to be that there were so many good options, but MVB alternatives seem to be narrowing of late. *sigh* I might just replace my ReptiSun tube, grab a higher watt basking bulb, and go the old fashioned route.

Undecided at the present. Luckily, it's been decent weather here and beardie has been getting out for some real UVB quite a lot lately (I think he's becoming a little too accustomed to it though--when the weather turns, he'll likely have something to "say" about it). lol In any case, I have some time to think about which way to go on it. We're adopting a new beardie this weekend, so I'm waiting to see if he needs upgraded/updated lighting before I do any ordering...

Many thanks!

Best,
Em

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the feedback. I'm going back to ReptiSun tubes for the time being. Just feels safer that way. Cloudy is so easy going, so now worries there, and I'm working with a rescue dragon who is in need of some special attention (eye issue), so I'm going the tried and true route. I LOVE using MVBs, so hopefully there will some positive changes to the MegaRay soon. :)

Best,
Em

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom