Are a few Oats ok???

Status
Not open for further replies.

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
I just changed the bedding for my small superworms for my 6 month old baby. I usually keep them in wheat bran, but this time got oats instead. Those little supers are so small, it's hard to get them out without any oats in the feeding dish. I'm talking mabye 5 or 6 pieces of small oats. I looked at beautifuldragons.com to see if they were on the list, but they weren't. Is it ok for him to eat a very small amount of oats? He eats like a pig and scarfs up the worms, so he eats anything in the dish with them. It takes forever for me to try to get all the oats out. I should have stuck to wheat bran, but after it taking me over an hour to get all the small worms out, I am not ready to do it all over again tonight...

Thanks for your help!

Livey

Extreme Poster
I think oats swell in the tummy? Im not overly sure though, theres no point in risking it to be honest..

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I agree.. I took the worms out before he could eat them as I didn't have time in the morning to remove them. So when I got home he had ate all his greens, obviously he was very hungry, then I removed the oats and fed him his worms later... He still ate every single one of them.. I think I will go back to the bran bedding for the worms!!!

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
I use oatmeal for my supers but I grind it up really find so I can use a strainer when I get the worms out and the oats just fall right through

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom