Arcadia T5 D3+ 12% UVB

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i got my new arc t5 last wednesday, AND IT IS AMAZ\ING!!!!!!!!!!!!
compared to the 10.0 uvb before i just cant believe the difference!
spyro is like 10 x more active, and 10x more colourful!!! its almost like having a new dragon!
before:
309606_10150333867812570_636627569_7991463_199441920_n.jpg

after:
2f127617-014b-4e50-810f-a485cdc8b305.jpg

12171335-2cad-4476-85a5-c4144ce3833e.jpg

he has greenish side bars and reddy-tan bars down his back, as well as his ginger beard. quite amazed with the difference (sorry if my images are a bit naff)

just thought id share :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is quite a difference in his eyes. Which UVB tube were you using previously?
He does look happy now! :D

Tracie

MissT

BD.org Addict
Brilliant arent they? Everything right down to the way they light the tank is just amazing.
Out of curiosity, how close do you have it? I was in close contact with Francis Baines who tests UV before I got mine and she advised to keep it at a distance of 12-20 inches without a reflector and to ensure that there is an area where the dragon can get out of the light.

TeethandClaws

Original Poster
ive no idea what it was, it came with him when i got Spyro. it was a 10.0. thats all i knew, i should have changed it striaght away tbh, but i only relaize that now

id say mines 10- 12 inches from the highest point he can get to in his viv. to be honest he loves it. he doesnt want to come out his viv now XD takes 3 arms to get him out and he'll leg it back after hes had some exploring time!

cant believe how much 2% extra uvb can change a dragon. gonna get the reflector for it at xmas, how do you install it btw??

also my t5 is a twin unit, so i could put another 12% tube in. good idea or not?? and would that make it like 24% uvb or something XD

MissT

BD.org Addict
No, not a good idea with a second 12% bulb. You could use a normal bulb instead if you can find a T5.
Also, if you get a reflector the bulb will need to be around 3 feet away from him so dont bother with that :D

MissT

BD.org Addict
The 12% is enough to have made Huff crazy - he was under a T8 12% and now he has the T5 and the difference is just crazy!!!! He has MBD but, 3 days under this light and he has stopped falling over and spends most of his day jumping from the floor to the highest point!!

TeethandClaws

Original Poster
Spyro was pretty much confused to begin with XD now he lets it all hang out and soaks it all in :p

is arcadia available in the states? ive not seen many people talk about the new t5 range on here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom