Arcadia 12% for a white melamine cage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudskipper

Juvie Member
I was planning on getting a 48" x 24" x 18" white melamine cage with Repti Sun 10. :study: But I have been reading great things about Arcadia so I'm going to get Arcadia instead. I also can get the 48" x 24" x 24" cage instead because it's the same price as the 18".

I'm looking at this Arcadia fixture and bulb. http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/22t5hofihouw2.html There are so many options and I'm so confused. :banghead: Please help!! Here is my question.

What should I get?
a) 48" x 24" x 18" white melamine cage with 24" T8 Arcadia 12%. With no reflector.
b) 48" x 24" x 24" white melamine cage with 24" T8 Arcadia 12%. With no reflector.
c) 48" x 24" x 18" white melamine cage with 24" T8 Arcadia 12%. With reflector.
d) 48" x 24" x 24" white melamine cage with 24" T8 Arcadia 12%. With reflector.
e) 48" x 24" x 18" white melamine cage with 22" T5 Arcadia 12% with Arcadia fixture (it has a reflector)
f) 48" x 24" x 24" white melamine cage with 22" T5 Arcadia 12% with Arcadia fixture (it has a reflector)

I'm leaning towards (f). Is it too much? I have not bought any decor yet and I'm thinking a 6" tall hubba hut for basking and a hammock on the cool side. But I'm pretty open. I can get a branch or a platform, too.

ClydesGirl

Sub-Adult Member
I think if you go for the 24" tall enclosure, you should get one of the options with a reflector, because I think it might be hard to get your basking spot close enough to the UVB bulb, so the reflector would help concentrate the UVB better.

kjinxx2

Sub-Adult Member
I'd skip the T-5 size since the Arcadia is imported, if they ever stop importation you'll have to switch to reptisun which comes in T-8. You can go with the 24" tall cage and mount the UVB on the back wall about midway down. Whether or not you get the reflector doesn't really matter. I'd actually just buy a 24" fixture from walmart for $8 and get the T8 24" Arcadia 12% and install it myself with command hooks. :)

mudskipper

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ok. Thank you! I'll get this then :)

c) 48" x 24" x 18" white melamine cage with 24" T8 Arcadia 12%. With reflector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom