Aragon Loves His New T-Rex Heat Lamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie4me":c5d66 said:
Thank you all so much, especially you Diane. I took the probe and put it right on his highest basking spot (his repti-hammock) for 45 minutes, and then put it on his basking log for 45 minutes. You were right on with the info. I feel like an ***** because it never dawned on me that the temps would be that much different by moving the probe a few inches. After raising and lowering the lamp a few times I got it set at 14" from his repti-hammock with a temp of 108, and on his basking log at a temp of 100. His cool side is staying at an even 82. It has made such a difference in his color and his little attitude! It's amazing how fast you fall head over hills for these amazing dragons. I just love it when I go in and talk to him and he gives me that sweet little head tilt like he knows what I'm saying!!

Again, thanks for helping me get his light set!

Kim

Great News, Kim. It is always such a nice feeling when you know you've got the enclosure "just right" as Dragons are very particular in this way! The difference it makes is so good to see... I've certainly been there myself. :)

The best, and I'm glad Aragon is feeling and looking so great!

Em

Beardie4me

Original Poster
You never have to ask me more than once to post pics of my baby!!

This is a pic of his current enclosure. I have a 55 gallon set up for when he gets bigger.
AragonTank.jpg

Here are pics of Aragon that I just took (he finished up a shed just this morning):

Aragon2-1.jpg

100_0636.jpg

Aragon3-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom