Applying cocoa butter at night/basking in morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
I've read that I can apply the 100% cocoa butter for a horrible shed and it works wonders. I've also read to do it at "lights out" to prevent burns. When lights do go on in the morning is basking ok by that time? Or does it have to be washed off first? Sorry if this sounds like a ridiculous question but I want to help his shed not run any risk of burning him. There's no way I can bathe him first thing in the morning...2 kids off to school and myself off to work. The best I can do is get temps right, prepare veggies and his first live feeding before heading out. He would only be basking from 6:45am until 10:30 am before he can get a bath.

Anyone with experience, please chime in? As you can see I searched and searched first but didn't find anything specific to my question.

Thanks AGAIN!!

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thank you. I will send her a message. I made time to bathe him quickly before basking but last night I didn't put it on him because I still wasn't sure about the lights in the morning.

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom