Applesauce...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirenique

Hatchling Member
Alright, beardie owners: how do you feed your beardie applesauce?

I tried feeding Bones on a spoon first. He just wants to eat the spoon. I got scared of him hurting his teeth! Next, I bought some of those individually packaged applesauces.... I tried just letting him eat out of that, but he tries to eat the plastic container more than the applesauce! Every now and then he'll dive head first into the 'sauce, but it's rare... I tried dipping his greens in the 'sauce first, but he just refuses the greens. He loves applesauce, he just can't quite seem to get the hang of how to eat it... he is scared of apples, so it's applesauce or nothing! :roll:

Suggestions? :(

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
^ that is what I do. When i don't have one I have been known to get a glob out with my finger or a spoon and put it on her nose where she licks it off. However, this could be a good way to lose a finger.

sirenique

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
spurlee01":2tnsc78j said:
^ that is what I do. When i don't have one I have been known to get a glob out with my finger or a spoon and put it on her nose where she licks it off. However, this could be a good way to lose a finger.
He's already gone after my finger, so I'm avoiding that. I'll get a syringe and see how that turns out :) I've never tried feeding my beardie via syringe... do I just like.... let it drip out? or... shoot it down the throat? haha I know it sounds so weird to ask; I don't want him to choke on anything!

libinoz

Drip it on his nose and let him lick it off. Do not go in from the front of the mouth as he may aspirate some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivannam17
Top Bottom