Apathetic shed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peera

Sub-Adult Member
I'm starting to get kind of concerned about Dora. She's going through her first shed since I got her, and it's a full shed- head, shoulders beard and tail. ;) The first day the old skin cracked she went insane rubbing against everything & scratching at herself to get it off, I gave her a bath to try and help her out, and then the second day and third (today) she's just laying around under her basking light refusing to move! It's almost like she's given up. Gibby & Priss never do this, the skin seems to drive them crazy and they rub against everything nearly non-stop until it's off. Does anyone else's dragon do this? Just sit around half-shedded for days after starting the shed? I'm going to try giving her another bath today, but it's not always easy to find the time before lights-out.
101_2596.jpg

101_2595.jpg

DragonsInKansas

Sub-Adult Member
If i was wearing pants that were 2 sizes to small then i'd get tired out too. :lol: Have you tried rubbing her shed while shes in the bath? Or have you tried shed-ease?

peera

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I do rub her while she's getting her bath, that's probably the only reason it's even gotten this far. She WILL NOT let me touch the section next to her stomach, however, she goes insane when I try. I haven't tried shed-ease, but I'm really hoping she'll be done by the time it would be delivered, what with the weekend, and the nearest pet store is over 30 minutes away and I can't get there today in any case.

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Does she have alot of things in her viv to rub on? Ours rub themselves all over their viv trying to get their shead off.

peera

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
She does have plenty of tank accessories to rub against. Her tank is a little barer than our other critters because she's kind of a spaz and spends most of her days running in circles around the tank (yet another reason this is kind of worrisome to me, since she never just lays under the light all day) and to much stuff gets in her way, but she has 2 habbi-huts, the stairs you can see her basking on, and a good sized piece of driftwood in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivannam17
Top Bottom