Anything that can help a beardie stop being bored ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, my beardie seems to be really bored ive had him in his new viv for about 2 months now so he has settles in. But all day long he just seems to stay in one place on his log, the temps in the viv are perfect and the viv is 4x2x2 which is big enough for a beardie. In his viv at the moment i have half play sand substrate (which i dont feed him on) and the other half paper towel. I have a hide for him on the cool end, a big log that covers half the viv and he can climb up next to the top of the viv next to his uvb reptisun 10.0 forescent tube. also i have a rock thingy underneath his basking spot, which he never basks on :S , i have checked the temps with a temp gun and they are fine about 104F basking spot. Also i have a few other pieces of wood in there and he eats fine, about 10 crickets a day, dusted with reptocal and has fresh vegies each morning, any ideas why he is staying in one spot and not moving, its got to the extent where i hand feed him now.
Sorry for all the info !

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
sounds like everything is good. just be sure to change the sand whenever it gets dirty, dont just sift it.

everyones bearded dragon is a little different. some like to explore, some dont. some want to climb, some dont. some like it hot and some dont. basically thats why its important to give them the full range of temps, terrains and decor. if he isnt doing too much besides basking and eating thats ok. hes found the routine that makes him happy, just let him enjoy the pampered life :wink: .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom