Anyone else watch the movie Holes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghr15

Sub-Adult Member
I seen that movie today and was shocked to see bearded dragons in the movie. I did not like the movie until I seen the bearded dragons. I want to see bearded dragons more in movies. It was weird though in the movie they were said to be vicious poisonous reptiles. Which is funny because beardies are neither.

I had it recorded on my DVR I watched the parts with the bearded dragons 15 times. I also did that with that commercial that has a bearded dragon in it. If I ever see a bearded dragon on tv I have to watch it over and over.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Yes, we watched that movie the first time because we heard there were beardies in it. We liked the story. We recently borrowed a cd version of the book that movie was based on and it follows the book really closely. They had to use a computer editing thing to make the lizards look more deadly because (as one page of the movie web site said) 'the lizards just sat there'. I'm thinking, well duh, they are beardies, that's all they do, even in the wild in Australia.

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
I had to laugh when watching Holes - when they're in the pit and the beardies are all over them and they're so scared... Oh no, they're going to fall asleep on you! Look out! :lol:

frog

Sub-Adult Member
I noticed that a long time ago and found it amusing. it is cool to tell people (without lying) hey, i own one of those! as soon as i noticed that they were beardies i told my hole (pun intended :lol: ) family (well, who was watching anyways) that they are just beardies..

the beardie in nims island trailer is so cute! i love how they use bearded dragons!

ghr15

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Jasper's Mom":ce643 said:
I had to laugh when watching Holes - when they're in the pit and the beardies are all over them and they're so scared... Oh no, they're going to fall asleep on you! Look out! :lol:

I laughed when one beardie climbed on his neck it looks exactly like one of mine and he likes to climb right up on my neck for some reason just like in the movie. It was also funny that they were all scared but I liked how they added a puff like a frilled lizard. I had to see the movie when I seen a preview of it with a beardie winking.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Jasper's Mom":d9584 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's very funny and true! They either don't understand beardies or the boys are good actors.

I noticed in the trailor of Nim's Island that the beardie is also sitting on top of that very large turtle! I wonder how they got the lizard to stay there. They must have had many retakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harobuilt
Top Bottom