Any ideas??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
Im at a loss as to what may be wrong with Gizmo, perhps someone else will be able to!

For a few wekks now Gizmo has been much darker than usual and more often than not spends alot of time at the cool end of her cage. Her temps are 102-106 (measured with a temp gun and a digital with probe), which havent changed, she also has an arcadia 12% UVB bulb, which is 5 weeks old

It started when she was going through a horrible full body shed, and she just hasnt perked up! she lightens up after some time out of the cage, but not always, and dosnt really have any stress marks.

Oh, she is a two year old, in a 4ft viv, with tile as substrate, fed on locust and supers (she really hates veggies so thats a constant battle!)

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Try dropping the basking temps down a degree or two... Most adults don't care for higher temps like the babies do.
Hope this helps out !
Janie

Aznrainbowdime

Sub-Adult Member
Brumating maybe ?

I dont know much about brumating.. but I've heard a few ppl on here posting theyre dragons starting to brumate.... =)

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I thought it was too early for brumminating, and i dropped them down to 102 and she still is wierd?? she has always liked things a ltille hotter?

Aznrainbowdime

Sub-Adult Member
I dont know much about brumating but I ran into ALOT of posts on here. If you play around in general discussion thread or behaviour.. you'll find many ppl posting their beardies are starting to brumate. And also in the care sheet & article... click on BRUMATION and it will give you ALOT of info. I just happened to read it last night ... and its good info ! check it out =)

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Yes i read it a year or so ago when she started! This will be her second time, but apparently its not too early, usually its late october, but when has Gizmo ever made things easy!!

Cheers anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom