Any ideas on pooping habits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLUphilosopher

Juvie Member
Hey, it's been awhile since I've posted, but I'm still here-mostly just lurking and reading what other people post. I've had something come up and just wanted to see what people thought.

My dragon, Kaiju, is not wanting to poop in his viv. Started just before Christmas. We left him at home (pet sitter) and he didn't poop from December 20th til December 30th. I bathed him on the 31st and he pooped then, with the urates shooting out quickly in the water followed by the poo. Same thing just happened last night (I hadn't bathed him since then). So that was a 11-day stretch and a 7-day stretch. Both times the urates were hard and slightly discolored (not all white, some of it was a light orangey brown color).

He eats 25 superworms a week (10 Mon, 5 Wed, 10 Fri) and greens each day (as he desires). I've read before about dragons not wanting to poop in their viv (not that I'm complaining), but I'm just curious about the poop itself. The urates shooting out like that, being hard and somewhat discolored...makes me think something is up.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom