Any Experience with Eye Infections?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
I've got a male hypo trans, one of my hold backs from last year, with an eye infection. I have to wait till tuesday to get into the vet, so I'd thought I'd post and see if anyone else has had any experiences with eye infections. I noticed he was keeping it closed about a week ago, so I cleaned it with sterile water and a cotton swab, give him a drop of colloidal silver, then applied Polymycin antibiotic ointmtent. I did this for 2 days and it seemed to clear up. I've also been keeping him in a cage with just a regular basking spot, no UVB. About 3 days after that, I noticed it was closed and fairly swollen underneath this time. I've been putting the Polymycin on it for 2 days, but this time it doesn't seem to be getting better. Im getting ready to do what the vet would do, get invasive and pry it open to wash it out really good. Maybe there is something in there? I guess I should also check the expiration on the Polymycin as well and try the colloidal silver again.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Not sure how much help this is, but he may have had an allergic reaction to the polimycin. Maybe a rinse with artificial tears ? Drache probably could offer some advice for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom