Another Pink Urate Question (UPDATED with Pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
My 2 1/2 month beardie has been having pinkish urates, including the stringy part connecting the urate to the poop. The poop is normal colored and healthy looking. I searched previous posts and there seems to be no answer. I have read that females can have this before they are about to lay. However, this is a baby male beardie. Any thoughts?

Update: Here are pics of one example
3391753731_6965c19e85.jpg

3392563716_2e278f2512.jpg

Any advice/help/thoughts?

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
How very strange.
Dex had pinkish urates before she laid, but I have never come across this in males before, let alone babies.
This is one of Dex's pre-lay urates
DSC00540.jpg

Does it look similar?
Are you sure there is no blood in her stool?

Holly

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
There's no blood. And it's not that pink. It's just a very very slight tinge, brighter towards the poop part. I'll try to get it with the camera today if I can.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

What are you feeding your baby? Supplementation can sometimes change the color of their urates.

Tracie

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Drache613":03d49 said:
Hello,

What are you feeding your baby? Supplementation can sometimes change the color of their urates.

Tracie

Silkworms, phoenix worms, dubias, crickets, collard greens. I dust with calcium 5x per week and multivite 2 x per week.

Okay - this is crazy - but yesterday was the first day that it wasn't pink. For the past month it had a pink tinge to it. I'm going to check it again today.

Now that you mention it, he is the first beardie that I have consistently fed dubias to. I have some of that premixed roach food from one of the vendors that I bought my original set of roaches from. I'll bet that there is dog food that has dyes in it in the mixture. Do you think that this could have affected the urate? If so - is it safe or should I feed the roaches something else? (They also get oranges, potatoes, greens, and carrots)

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Im dreadfully sorry I have no advice for you.
I think perhaps it might be time to take a sample in to the vet just to give you some peace of mind.

Anyway consider this a BUMP!

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
We live about an hour away from the vet. We have to go there anyway to pick up medicine for my chinchilla so we called to see if we could drop off a fecal for the beardie. Anyway, they won't do the fecal until they see the dragon and they have no available appointments today. ARGH...after all the money I have spent there and they can't be a little bit flexible!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom